Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Chief Medical Officer Report 2/13/2005

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 9:02:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Once again, back from the living! SVH!!!!

It sure was nice to have another freeze pally in the party and you just
gotta love that fanaticism as a good combo with the HF.

Hammy considered himself to be the weakest link being at levels in the
low 60s in act 2 Hell, but I think he did a superb job of holding his
own.

Jabber insisted on a Countess run, or perhaps Hammy needed the quest,
and if I recall correctly, she dropped us a TIR rune. Jabber says she
is good at dropping him PUL runes; apparently she treats him better
when he is not with the Rainbow team.

Misfit and Shady got bumped just when we were ready to head down to the
amulet room (Sparky's chamber) in the CVT. We waited a little bit but
no return. Sorry to hear their DSL service gave them the shaft for the
session.

By the way, it was Batman to the rescue again when everybody ended up
dead in the Palace Cellar level 2. I forget the mods we were up
against.

Now comes the long trek from the Kurast docks to Lower Kurast.
Depending on how much Misfit and Shady still need to catch up, we
should be able to get into the old jungle cities and take out mMepf
this Sunday.

I envision possibly 6 more sessions possibly 7, if we hit major snags.

The above report is true to the best of my knowledge.

MarcusShythedMD
February 16, 2005 2:37:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Orion Ryder wrote:

> Jabber insisted on a Countess run, or perhaps Hammy needed the quest,
> and if I recall correctly, she dropped us a TIR rune. Jabber says she
> is good at dropping him PUL runes; apparently she treats him better
> when he is not with the Rainbow team.

This is what I know of the Countess. She has a probability of dropping
up to 3 runes, with each drop probability calculated independently of
one another. There is preset percentage for each of the drop for the
different number of players. On higher number of players, the
probability of no drop goes down, prob of item drop goes up, and the
prob of rune drop lower. For example, on players 8, she is very
unlikely to drop the 3rd, 2nd, or any runes at all, whereas on player
1, she drops 3 runes often. Also, the # players does not change the
treasure level in which each rune drop is picked from.

In fact, 1 player Countess runs gives the best source of dropping runes
El to Ist (she can drop up to Lo). From another article, I learned
that chip gem has either the same or close to same probability as Ist
to drop. So, next time you see a chip gem, you can console yourself
that it could as well be an Ist :) 
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 2:58:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Alice wrote:
> Orion Ryder wrote:
>
> > Jabber insisted on a Countess run, or perhaps Hammy needed the
quest,
> > and if I recall correctly, she dropped us a TIR rune. Jabber says
she
> > is good at dropping him PUL runes; apparently she treats him better
> > when he is not with the Rainbow team.
>
> This is what I know of the Countess. She has a probability of
dropping
> up to 3 runes, with each drop probability calculated independently of
> one another. There is preset percentage for each of the drop for the
> different number of players. On higher number of players, the
> probability of no drop goes down, prob of item drop goes up, and the
> prob of rune drop lower. For example, on players 8, she is very
> unlikely to drop the 3rd, 2nd, or any runes at all, whereas on player
> 1, she drops 3 runes often. Also, the # players does not change the
> treasure level in which each rune drop is picked from.
>
> In fact, 1 player Countess runs gives the best source of dropping
runes
> El to Ist (she can drop up to Lo). From another article, I learned
> that chip gem has either the same or close to same probability as Ist
> to drop. So, next time you see a chip gem, you can console yourself
> that it could as well be an Ist :) 


HOLY BALLZ BATMAN!! I forgot to mention that Team Rainbow found an OHM
rune in the Claw Viper Temple.

MarcusShythedMD
Related resources
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:48:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Alice wrote:
> Orion Ryder wrote:
>
> > Jabber insisted on a Countess run, or perhaps Hammy needed the
quest,
> > and if I recall correctly, she dropped us a TIR rune. Jabber says
she
> > is good at dropping him PUL runes; apparently she treats him better
> > when he is not with the Rainbow team.
>
> This is what I know of the Countess. She has a probability of
dropping
> up to 3 runes, with each drop probability calculated independently of
> one another. There is preset percentage for each of the drop for the
> different number of players. On higher number of players, the
> probability of no drop goes down, prob of item drop goes up, and the
> prob of rune drop lower. For example, on players 8, she is very
> unlikely to drop the 3rd, 2nd, or any runes at all, whereas on player
> 1, she drops 3 runes often. Also, the # players does not change the
> treasure level in which each rune drop is picked from.
>
> In fact, 1 player Countess runs gives the best source of dropping
runes
> El to Ist (she can drop up to Lo). From another article, I learned
> that chip gem has either the same or close to same probability as Ist
> to drop. So, next time you see a chip gem, you can console yourself
> that it could as well be an Ist :) 

Don't get me started on my MF with the countess thing, it almost always
degenerates into a flamewar :) 

Mickey
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 10:54:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> My my, doesn't "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> look good in that
trenchcoat:
>
> >Don't get me started on my MF with the countess thing, it almost
always
> >degenerates into a flamewar :) 
>
> WER TEH MF ON COUNTESS NUB!!!1!1

NEBER, La Contessa drops more runes if yoru MF is zero :o )

Mickey - And they're off
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 9:56:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

My my, doesn't "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> look good in that trenchcoat:

>Don't get me started on my MF with the countess thing, it almost always
>degenerates into a flamewar :) 

WER TEH MF ON COUNTESS NUB!!!1!1
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 10:02:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

My my, doesn't "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> look good in that
trenchcoat:

>Once again, back from the living! SVH!!!!

Decent progress again today, too. Apologies for being so rusty that I popped
the chest in the flayer dungeon without even realising that significance of
our recently dropped team mate.

Over the next few days, I'm going to work on getting my mercenary up a bit
closer to the team in level. He's still early 60's, although the paladin is
level 71, so getting a lot closer to you guys. One of the projects (should
be straight forward) will be to get a Sol rune out of yonder lady in the
tower, for Emilio's future Insight stick (and what a nice new word for no or
semi twink characters, it is in particular)
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 10:02:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> My my, doesn't "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> look good in that
> trenchcoat:
>
>
>>Once again, back from the living! SVH!!!!
>
>
> Decent progress again today, too. Apologies for being so rusty that I popped
> the chest in the flayer dungeon without even realising that significance of
> our recently dropped team mate.

I thiink I was the one who got dropped here. Sorry I couldn't get back,
I tried to log back in and got the "CD key is already in use" error
message. I figured you guys were almost done for the night anyways.

Did you make it to Kurast?

>
> Over the next few days, I'm going to work on getting my mercenary up a bit
> closer to the team in level. He's still early 60's, although the paladin is
> level 71, so getting a lot closer to you guys. One of the projects (should
> be straight forward) will be to get a Sol rune out of yonder lady in the
> tower, for Emilio's future Insight stick (and what a nice new word for no or
> semi twink characters, it is in particular)
>

I think a few of our mercs are using the Insight runeword.
I know mine is.

Justin
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 11:15:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

My my, doesn't "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> look good in that trenchcoat:

>In fact, 1 player Countess runs gives the best source of dropping runes
>El to Ist (she can drop up to Lo). From another article, I learned
>that chip gem has either the same or close to same probability as Ist
>to drop. So, next time you see a chip gem, you can console yourself
>that it could as well be an Ist :) 

Should I start start spamming 'FT chipped gems ISO ist runes' in the trade
channels? My past efforts to sell 'ith' weapons (that is, weapons socketed
full of 'ith' runes) met little success in 1.09...
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 12:10:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote

>Stephen van Ham wrote:
>> My my, doesn't "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> look good in
>> that trenchcoat:
>>
>>> Once again, back from the living! SVH!!!!
>>
>> Decent progress again today, too. Apologies for being so rusty that
>> I popped the chest in the flayer dungeon without even realising that
>> significance of our recently dropped team mate.
>
>Yes, sorry about that team. I suffer from General Anxiety Disorder (GAD),
>normally it's no biggie but I was at the end of my 'script, (Due that day
>but I hadn't picked them up yet) low on meds and something triggered an
>anxiety attack so I had to retreat to the peace and tranquility of my room
>for a while. Came back on just as everyone was leaving.
>
>I told you guys that personalitty disorder test was wrong when it said I was
>fine.

Where you on teh pills when you took teh test?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
-My theme song
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 11:40:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

My my, doesn't Justin L <leejustice2@hotmail.com> look good in that
trenchcoat:

>I thiink I was the one who got dropped here. Sorry I couldn't get back,
>I tried to log back in and got the "CD key is already in use" error
>message. I figured you guys were almost done for the night anyways.
>
>Did you make it to Kurast?

We made it to the first Kurast waypoint, yes.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 12:49:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
news:37klhsF5bvn41U1@individual.net...
> jerk-o wrote:
> > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> > "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote
> >
> >> Stephen van Ham wrote:
> >>> My my, doesn't "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> look good in
> >>> that trenchcoat:
> >>>
> >>>> Once again, back from the living! SVH!!!!
> >>>
> >>> Decent progress again today, too. Apologies for being so rusty
> >>> that I popped the chest in the flayer dungeon without even
> >>> realising that significance of our recently dropped team mate.
> >>
> >> Yes, sorry about that team. I suffer from General Anxiety Disorder
> >> (GAD), normally it's no biggie but I was at the end of my 'script,
> >> (Due that day but I hadn't picked them up yet) low on meds and
> >> something triggered an anxiety attack so I had to retreat to the
> >> peace and tranquility of my room for a while. Came back on just as
> >> everyone was leaving.
> >>
> >> I told you guys that personalitty disorder test was wrong when it
> >> said I was fine.
> >
> > Where you on teh pills when you took teh test?
>
> Yes. However I answered as if I wasn't. GAD is no biggie most of the time.
I
> get a bit jumpy around groups pf people I don't know and large crowds.
> Occasionally something (usually a disagrement) causes an attack. In that
> case it's mainly from frustration caused by internalising rather than
> yelling etc. However, you can't go through life yelling and screaming and
if
> I'm just not getting my point across I tend to withdraw
>
What do you mean you can't? My mother in law does it all the time :o )


> Very awkward but I've lived with it for a while. I had an undiagnosed,
minor
> case of it until I went through a 15 month court-case, then got a 15 month
> sentence for cultivation of cannabis. Since then I've needed medication.
> Well, not *needed*, it's more of a safety-net, I could go for ages without
> experienceing the type of situation that triggers the response.
> Unfortunately the medication (Xanax) is addictive and when the body
doesn't
> have enough of the stuff it precipitates an anxiety attack very easilly.
> --
>
My wife takes some sort of medication (for something similar) and it has
very strange side effects if she skips more than a day.


short
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 12:59:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote

>jerk-o wrote:
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
>> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote
>>
>>> Stephen van Ham wrote:
>>>> My my, doesn't "Orion Ryder" <orionryder@hotmail.com> look good in
>>>> that trenchcoat:
>>>>
>>>>> Once again, back from the living! SVH!!!!
>>>>
>>>> Decent progress again today, too. Apologies for being so rusty
>>>> that I popped the chest in the flayer dungeon without even
>>>> realising that significance of our recently dropped team mate.
>>>
>>> Yes, sorry about that team. I suffer from General Anxiety Disorder
>>> (GAD), normally it's no biggie but I was at the end of my 'script,
>>> (Due that day but I hadn't picked them up yet) low on meds and
>>> something triggered an anxiety attack so I had to retreat to the
>>> peace and tranquility of my room for a while. Came back on just as
>>> everyone was leaving.
>>>
>>> I told you guys that personalitty disorder test was wrong when it
>>> said I was fine.
>>
>> Where you on teh pills when you took teh test?
>
>Yes. However I answered as if I wasn't. GAD is no biggie most of the time. I
>get a bit jumpy around groups pf people I don't know and large crowds.
>Occasionally something (usually a disagrement) causes an attack. In that
>case it's mainly from frustration caused by internalising rather than
>yelling etc. However, you can't go through life yelling and screaming and if
>I'm just not getting my point across I tend to withdraw

You mean you can't yell at teh computer screen if something bad happens? :-)

>Very awkward but I've lived with it for a while. I had an undiagnosed, minor
>case of it until I went through a 15 month court-case, then got a 15 month
>sentence for cultivation of cannabis. Since then I've needed medication.
>Well, not *needed*, it's more of a safety-net, I could go for ages without
>experienceing the type of situation that triggers the response.
>Unfortunately the medication (Xanax) is addictive and when the body doesn't
>have enough of the stuff it precipitates an anxiety attack very easilly.

You mentioning Xanax reminded me of "Beavis and Butthead: Do America"
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
-My theme song
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:27:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote

>jerk-o wrote:
>
>> You mean you can't yell at teh computer screen if something bad
>> happens? :-)
>
>Oh yeah, I can yell at the computer screen. I just don't get much
>satisfaction out of it. It doesn't seem to care. :-)

What if you had a punching bag nearby?
Would that help?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
-My theme song
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 8:44:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote
>
>> jerk-o wrote:
>>
>>> You mean you can't yell at teh computer screen if something bad
>>> happens? :-)
>>
>> Oh yeah, I can yell at the computer screen. I just don't get much
>> satisfaction out of it. It doesn't seem to care. :-)
>
> What if you had a punching bag nearby?
> Would that help?

No, I don't think so. My brain has developed these pathways over the years
and re-wiring them now is a bit beyond me, unfortunately. Most of the time
I'm good. When I get an anxiety attack I just want to go curl up in a quiet
place for a while until it goes away. A punching bag would be the last thing
on my mind, I feel profoundly passive and anti-social. It's a real hard one
to explain. Truth be known, you're lucky you don't really know what I'm
talking about. :-)

Sorry man, hard to put into words. Appreciate the concern though.
--
~misfit~




x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
x-- Access to over 1 Terabyte per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
February 21, 2005 11:32:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in
news:421970bd@news01.wxnz.net:

> jerk-o wrote:
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
>> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote
>>
>>> jerk-o wrote:
>>>
>>>> You mean you can't yell at teh computer screen if something bad
>>>> happens? :-)
>>>
>>> Oh yeah, I can yell at the computer screen. I just don't get much
>>> satisfaction out of it. It doesn't seem to care. :-)
>>
>> What if you had a punching bag nearby?
>> Would that help?
>
> No, I don't think so. My brain has developed these pathways over the
> years and re-wiring them now is a bit beyond me, unfortunately. Most
> of the time I'm good. When I get an anxiety attack I just want to go
> curl up in a quiet place for a while until it goes away. A punching
> bag would be the last thing on my mind, I feel profoundly passive and
> anti-social. It's a real hard one to explain. Truth be known, you're
> lucky you don't really know what I'm talking about. :-)
>
> Sorry man, hard to put into words. Appreciate the concern though.
> --
> ~misfit~

Yeah well, unfortunately I do know what you're talking about. You're
not alone.

Diane
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 1:50:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo (More info?)

Diane wrote:
> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in
> news:421970bd@news01.wxnz.net:
>
>> jerk-o wrote:
>>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
>>> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote
>>>
>>>> jerk-o wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> You mean you can't yell at teh computer screen if something bad
>>>>> happens? :-)
>>>>
>>>> Oh yeah, I can yell at the computer screen. I just don't get much
>>>> satisfaction out of it. It doesn't seem to care. :-)
>>>
>>> What if you had a punching bag nearby?
>>> Would that help?
>>
>> No, I don't think so. My brain has developed these pathways over the
>> years and re-wiring them now is a bit beyond me, unfortunately. Most
>> of the time I'm good. When I get an anxiety attack I just want to go
>> curl up in a quiet place for a while until it goes away. A punching
>> bag would be the last thing on my mind, I feel profoundly passive and
>> anti-social. It's a real hard one to explain. Truth be known, you're
>> lucky you don't really know what I'm talking about. :-)
>>
>> Sorry man, hard to put into words. Appreciate the concern though.
>
> Yeah well, unfortunately I do know what you're talking about. You're
> not alone.

Sorry to hear that Diane, it's certainly no fun.
--
~misfit~



----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----
!