Multi-locations of same programs

Hello
I have noticed that a significant amount of duplicate programs/folders/files
when observing the "expansion" of the "tree directory".
I once had a free program to locate duplicates, and it was terrible ... I
have seen another on PC World .... was wondering if anyone knew of another?
I know I can't just jump in and start deleting programs/folders/files.
I didn't have this problem with Windows 98.
Does anyone know or have experienced these problems ?? ... It sure is
eating a lot of the hard drive.
Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
Amber

Why and where do you see duplicate program files...In xp only one should
exist,try locating,R.click on it,properties,see when it was installed
compared
to others.

"Amber" wrote:

> Hello
> I have noticed that a significant amount of duplicate programs/folders/files
> when observing the "expansion" of the "tree directory".
> I once had a free program to locate duplicates, and it was terrible ... I
> have seen another on PC World .... was wondering if anyone knew of another?
> I know I can't just jump in and start deleting programs/folders/files.
> I didn't have this problem with Windows 98.
> Does anyone know or have experienced these problems ?? ... It sure is
> eating a lot of the hard drive.
> Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
> Amber

TRENDING THREADS