xbox360 hardware all updated?

San

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2001
Do all the xbox360 packages/bundles now in the the new hardware revisions (new CPU and mobo?) that are found in Elite and Arcade? How would I know if the package/bundle I will be buying is the newer hardware and not the older hardware?

San

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2001
It says it there? I couldnt find info. I'm talking about the new xbox specs. I dont think MS will say because it would not be smart business.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
You just have to take the gamble, remember the distributors flogging the 360’s will be getting rid of all the old revisions before they even think about flogging the new revisions. Also keep in mind that Xmas is a good way to get rid of defunct revisions, retailers will just suck them up and not give it a second thought. I personally would not even think about buying a 360 till at least the end of Q1 next year.

I guess it’s a good thing that my 360 got the RROD when it did I guess. As I now have the new heat sync to stop the motherboard warping. To tell you the truth though, the amount I use my 360 now, it really is becoming a waste of space. I was looking at all the blue-ray movies in blockbusters I can rent and I was actually wishing I got a PS3 instead. I guess I still might get one anyway, well once I pay off my Credit Card and MGS3 comes out.

If you have been keeping up with current events you can already see that HD-DVD is turning out to become the betamax of the 00’s. Even though Sony has lost a fair bit of cash this last year on the new PS3, it is at least starting to look like there decision is starting to pay off. If blue-ray becomes the new VHS/DVD then they are going to make an absolute mint in the long term and that’s all that really matters after all. You can’t decide the fate of a company by short-term hiccups only by the long term ones.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Hmm I might, £360ono for the console & 11 games.

One Premium Console with one wireless (charger pack also) & one wired controller, with a VGA cable & a default HDTV/TV cable.

Games:

Bioshock
Perfect Dark
PGR3
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Ghost Recon
Oblivion
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Saints Row
Lost Planet
Fight Night Round 3

dostanio

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007

would you sell fight night round 3, bioshock, oblivion and vegas together?( or swap for equall value games)

airblazer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
There's a growing belief that MS has no interest in HD-DVD and only pushed it to counter Blu-ray. MS's real aim is in the downloading of high def content such as what is now available on the Xbox.
I can see MS releasing a set similar to the xbox but without the gaming playability in order for people to download movies etc without having to leave the house. Reckon they'd sell these for approx $100-150 and people would snap em up. After all if you want to buy a hd player and ur not sure what format to go with this would be a real alternative to that.

physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Hmm I might, £360ono for the console & 11 games.

One Premium Console with one wireless (charger pack also) & one wired controller, with a VGA cable & a default HDTV/TV cable.

Games:

Bioshock
Perfect Dark
PGR3
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Ghost Recon
Oblivion
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Saints Row
Lost Planet
Fight Night Round 3

Im interested in the 360 and Ghost Recon, and Rainbow 6: Vegas. I dont want the other games.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Hi sorry about that was working fairly hard and just moved home so have no internet yet. I'll get back to you with pics and stuff. I need to sell everything together as there is no point me having any 360 games kicking about. Oh and I also got a new game Mass Effect.

Oh I dont smoke and it's just been replaced so is as good as new. No box though but that should not be a problem.