HaH!!! VIA LooSeS, nForce2 WiNS!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It probably pissed a bunch of you ignorant areses off to see the nForce2 positive TROUNNCE the KT400 by winning <A HREF="http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/02q4/021111/index.html" target="_new">EVERY BENCHMARK OF THE LATEST TESTS</A>.

There is NO reason to buy ANY VIA chipset, they have ALWAYS had annoying bugs and glitches, they ENGAGED IN ILLEGAL TRADE PRACTICES by forcing manufacturers to drop the SiS735 at a time when it was faster than anything VIA had to offer, they STOLE THE BUS to both the PIII and the P4, they EVEN STOLE THE DESIGN of another manufacturers drive chip so they could start manufacturing illegal coppies themselves.

And for your HARCORE arses who think supporting VIA means supporting AMD, has it occured to you that most of the paranoia about AMD and stability was caused by flawed VIA chipsets, or that VIA actually makes a processor of their own to shut AMD out of asian markets? DENY DENY DENY, or admit the truth and CRY CRY CRY.

And if you're going to say "unfair advantage, nVidia had dual channel memory" take a look at the single channel benchmarks and OPEN YOUR EYES TO SEE that even in single channel mode the performance is dead on with the KT400, but with all the advantages of the nForce such as available dual networking, superior integrated sound, with none of the VIA problems!

Oh, the insults above were only directed at VIA supporters, if you don't care or don't support VIA, don't take offense :smile:

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
I can only say way to go nvidea AMD has to catch up were waiting for the 2800+ and in a few days the pIV 3.06 will be there, anyway when AMD cranks up the FSB speed of their processors there iis already a chipset there to take full advantage of it

(I'd love to see benchmarks on a 3000+ with a 400mhz fsb and Nforce 2 based mobo, well its bedtime anyway i can always dream about it)

Remember the time You used 20Mb harddrives

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
Asus has A7N8X
Chaintech has Zenith 7NJS(SPP+MCP-T)
Leadtek has K7NCR18D-Pro (SPP+MCP-T)
EPoX has 8RGA+(IGP+MCP) and 8RDA+(SPP+MCP-T).
ABIT has NF7-S(SPP+MCP-T)
MSI has K7N2(IGP+MCP)
These are the nForce2 Motherboard I know, are there any more?

Press F1 for help? I press and wait for hours and nobody comes to help.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TKH on 11/11/02 10:27 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
Agree with you. VIA is really not a good manufacturer of FIRST REVIEW chipsets. I'll wait until the KT400<b>A</b>

BTW I have a KT333<b>CE</b> (first review was the CD) and it works without problems

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can get that chipset with or without integrated graphics, I'm certain that some manufacturer will have the board you most wish for soon.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Skipper007

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Even though I don't have the bucks for a fancy new system, I want to see what it would be like to run an O/Ced XP2700+ (because it's currently out and the 2800 isn't) with Nforce 2 dual channel at a 200MHZ FSB...

For something like a 200 FSB I'd like to see some benchs from the Abit Nforce 2 board. Which Athlons will support dual channel DDR anyway?

TKH

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
All the nForce2 review are talking about how good it is. But I would like to know if there is any weakness or disadvantage for nForce2 chipset because I want to upgrade my 8KTA3L+ to a nForce2 mobo and I really want to know that.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It would be cool if you could set the memory speed to less than the processor speed, then push the bus speed up to 266MHz (DDR533) by dropping the multiplier! Then you'd REALLY be using Dual Channel bandwidth!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I saw some limitations to the nForce audio driver which did not give you controll of certain advanced features, I don't know if that's been corrected yet with the nForce2. The main reason people didn't buy the nForce 1 in larger quantities was price I believe. The nForce 1 was also a couple percent behind VIA in some benchmarks, but the difference was so small that I didn't consider it an issue, and the nForce2 actually beats the latest VIA chipsets.

I've seen a few guys in here who bought nForce1 boards and were 100% pleased with them. So unless nVidia introduced a new bug with the new improvements (which I doubt), it should provide the best solution for AMD processors.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
yea, i built a few computers with the nforce mobo and duron cpus, they are all very stable.
if i didnt know you better i would say this post was just a troll : )

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal

toss5000

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
Now we can just wait on the nforce2 with an over clocked 2800 vs p4 3.06 with HT benchmarks.

- - - -
Kill a man and you're a murderer;
Kill many and you're a conquerer;
Kill 'em all and you're a god.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Ah, but a troll would support a company. I support chipsets by nVidia, SiS, Intel, and sometimes ALi. In fact, many Intel trolls would point to instabilities in AMD systems as being caused by the processor, when in actuality it was a chipset problem. And anything I didn't offer direct proof for has already been proven many times.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
The recent nForce 1.13 drivers looks good. It's audio drivers allow you you to set advanced features. I haven't tested this drivers yet. Soon I will download these drivers, and test them in my MSI K7N420 Pro.

BTW, this is dissapointing that standard MCP doesn't have APU, since former standard MCP had apu. And it would be nice to see a IGP + MCP-T mobo.

Let us know <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25703#25703" target="_new"> What File compression format you use? </A>

snotling

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2002
Poster: TKH
Subject: Re: HaH!!! VIA LooSeS, nForce2 WiNS!

Asus has A7N8X
Chaintech has Zenith 7NJS(SPP+MCP-T)
Leadtek has K7NCR18D-Pro (SPP+MCP-T)
EPoX has 8RGA+(IGP+MCP) and 8RDA+(SPP+MCP-T).
ABIT has NF7-S(SPP+MCP-T)
MSI has K7N2(IGP+MCP)
These are the nForce2 Motherboard I know, are there any more?

sorry, I meant, where are the reviews on those boards...
Hardware.fr has a news about the IGP not being out of the plant yet

and still the only IGP + MCP-T board I know of is made (or to be made) by leadtek... no comment on that

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
thats as far back as i can remember i was born in the year intel decided to make microprocessors, slowest i can remember is 12Mhz latop weighing 3Okg with monocrome screen and windows ... really weird there were computers at home before that but dos wasn't exactly user friendly for little kids

and to the LOL yea indeed LOL even video card using less than 32MB are getting old

Remember the time You used 20Mb harddrives

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hehehehe.... better wipe up the spittle and froth... it gives a bad image :wink:

Methinks with results like this, plus the current kt400 being really unimpressive, that via is going to pull yet another "KT-xxxA" on us :smile:

Good to see that the Nforce2 is up and about, unlike the original Nforce.

<b>LHGPooBaa + Evil Hamster Sidekick: Serving Toms Hardware community for 2 years as of the 11th of November</b>