Rune World Bramble

Last response: in Video Games
February 16, 2005 1:36:47 PM

Hello group,

Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro -- at least
while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together a
"Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it? Any
recommendations for/against?

Rod

More about : rune world bramble

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 1:36:48 PM

Rod Runnheim wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
at least
> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
Any
> recommendations for/against?

For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
again to collect them.

Mickey
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:06:26 PM

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Rod Runnheim wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
> at least
>> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
>> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
> Any
>> recommendations for/against?
>
> For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
> for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
> way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
> again to collect them.

Hmm, that does look good! Looks like I have to rebuild my riches to
afford some good runes.

> Mickey

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:39:04 PM

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1108576528.090887.86540
> @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>

> > Rod Runnheim wrote:
> >> Hello group,
> >>
> >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro
--
> > at least
> >> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put
together
> >> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried
it?
> > Any
> >> recommendations for/against?
> >
> > For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main
reason
> > for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No
better
> > way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now
and
> > again to collect them.
>
> does Thorns aura work on a merc? Might merc with Doom Thresher and
Chains
> of Honor armor on your necro. You can always get teleport charges on
> crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
> charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

yes, you can get teleport spells on an ammy. They are QUITE expensive
to fix, and in any case, what are you giving up on that ammy to get
those spells? The enigma has just about everything a necro could want,
and leaves you free to wear a Mara's for both the skills and resists.
Thorns is overrated for sommoners anyway, as you can always put an item
on a merc that provides it and it doesn't really return enough damage
in hell mode to really be worth a major investment. I'd rather just
drop one point in CE and hire a might merc.

Mickey
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:44:01 PM

~misfit~ wrote:
> Mickey wrote:
> > Rod Runnheim wrote:
> >> Hello group,
> >>
> >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro
--
> >> at least while the interest remains. I would eventually like to
put
> >> together a "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has
> >> anyone tried it? Any recommendations for/against?
> >
> > For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main
> > reason for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free
teleports.
> > No better way to keep those revives from getting lost than to
> > teleport now and again to collect them.
>
> Totally agree there. If you're spending high runes then Enigma is
certainly
> the way to go. Especially if you use the necro for MF when he's
reached his
> Patriarch as so many of us do.

Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives from
the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception is a
summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip down to
nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less unkillable.

Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros and
3 ladder wins with em :o )
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 10:42:59 PM

On 16 Feb 2005 09:55:28 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>Rod Runnheim wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
>at least
>> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
>> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
>Any
>> recommendations for/against?

>For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
>for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
>way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
>again to collect them.

Where are the best (or least worst relatively speaking) places to
hunt for something like a Jah or Ber rune? Any sites that have a
good calculator for 1.10? (the one I had bookmarked is no longer
around).
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 12:59:02 AM

Hi,

"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1108576528.090887.86540
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Rod Runnheim wrote:
>> Hello group,
>>
>> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
> at least
>> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
>> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
> Any
>> recommendations for/against?
>
> For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
> for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
> way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
> again to collect them.

does Thorns aura work on a merc? Might merc with Doom Thresher and Chains
of Honor armor on your necro. You can always get teleport charges on a
crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

I tried the Doom/Bramble combo in SP the other day, and it rocks so much
the game gets boringly easy..

Unless you are very rich, I'd go with a CoH armor - only 1 high rune and
lots of goodies..

Regards,

Oliver

> Mickey

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 12:59:03 AM

>> For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
>> for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
>> way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
>> again to collect them.
>
> does Thorns aura work on a merc?

Good question, I assumed so but....

> Might merc with Doom Thresher and Chains of Honor armor on your necro.

That looks good too!

What are the going prices on high level runes now? Traded only in other
runes. It's been a while....

Rod
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 12:59:03 AM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:59:02 +0100, Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de>
wrote:

>>does Thorns aura work on a merc? Might merc with Doom Thresher and Chains
>of Honor armor on your necro. You can always get teleport charges on a
>crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
>charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

Thorns does indeed work on a merc, one of my act 1 mercs is running
around with an Edge runeword bow right now, and it's just dandy.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 3:07:18 AM

> yes, you can get teleport spells on an ammy. They are QUITE expensive
> to fix, and in any case, what are you giving up on that ammy to get
> those spells? The enigma has just about everything a necro could want,
> and leaves you free to wear a Mara's for both the skills and resists.
> Thorns is overrated for sommoners anyway, as you can always put an item
> on a merc that provides it and it doesn't really return enough damage
> in hell mode to really be worth a major investment. I'd rather just
> drop one point in CE and hire a might merc.

Well, basically...what Mickey said. If you're gonna spend high runes on a
necro, Enigma blows Bramble out of the water. The returned damage in hell is
a joke against most enemies(this comes from someone who's USED both armors),
and you will kill MUCH quicker with telekill than you will with thorns. As a
bonus, Enigma lets you teleport away if your merc somehow gets himself in
trouble and gives you extra +2 skills, AND you get that nice MF bonus to
boot. Sure, you could use a teleport ammy, but if you do, you're giving up
the +2 skills and resists you could get from Maras or a nice rare necro
ammy, not to mention the ~25k you'll have to spend on each teleport
charge(at least, that's what it ran my necro before he got an Enigma).

> Mickey

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 11:59:26 AM

Rod Runnheim wrote:

> > Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
> > high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
> > summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives
from
> > the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
> > face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
> > case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception
is a
> > summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip
down to
> > nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less
unkillable.

> > Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros
and
> > 3 ladder wins with em :o )
>
> Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken some
serious
> dedication!

Played to the very precipice of divorce :)

As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg

Mickey
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:00:37 PM

Group,

Thank you all for the informative replies. I just discovered that a friend
of mine had muled off my Trang's set when I quit playing over a year ago.
At least I'll be able to get that back!

Rod
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:02:43 PM

> Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
> high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
> summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives from
> the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
> face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
> case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception is a
> summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip down to
> nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less unkillable.
>
> Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros and
> 3 ladder wins with em :o )

Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken some serious
dedication!

Rod

Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:04:24 PM

> Well, basically...what Mickey said. If you're gonna spend high runes on a
> necro, Enigma blows Bramble out of the water. The returned damage in hell
> is
> a joke against most enemies(this comes from someone who's USED both
> armors),
> and you will kill MUCH quicker with telekill than you will with thorns.

Sounds like two Necro sages agree! Of course that decision is much easier
than gathering the runes I'll need, but now I know what I'm working toward.

Rod

> As a
> bonus, Enigma lets you teleport away if your merc somehow gets himself in
> trouble and gives you extra +2 skills, AND you get that nice MF bonus to
> boot. Sure, you could use a teleport ammy, but if you do, you're giving up
> the +2 skills and resists you could get from Maras or a nice rare necro
> ammy, not to mention the ~25k you'll have to spend on each teleport
> charge(at least, that's what it ran my necro before he got an Enigma).
>
>> Mickey

February 17, 2005 2:28:54 PM

*snip*
> You can always get teleport charges on a
> crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
> charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

How do you get an amu like that ? Dont see it in the crafted items on
arreat summit ?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 4:04:41 PM

In article <cv1rn6$9fs$1@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote:
>*snip*
>> You can always get teleport charges on a
>> crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
>> charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...
>
>How do you get an amu like that ? Dont see it in the crafted items on
>arreat summit ?

It can appear as a mod on magic amulets (amulet of teleportation), and as
one of the mods on rare and crafted amulets (since crafted amulets can get
about any mod a rare can get).

Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant> skills,
the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life, +mana, and maybe
some +FCR.

Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.

Regards,

Patrick.
February 17, 2005 5:00:58 PM

Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> In article <cv1rn6$9fs$1@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>*snip*
>>
>>>You can always get teleport charges on a
>>>crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
>>>charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...
>>
>>How do you get an amu like that ? Dont see it in the crafted items on
>>arreat summit ?
>

> It can appear as a mod on magic amulets (amulet of teleportation), and as
> one of the mods on rare and crafted amulets (since crafted amulets can get
> about any mod a rare can get).
>
> Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant> skills,
> the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life, +mana, and maybe
> some +FCR.
>
> Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick.

Ok, so if i would transmute any magical amu + a Pemerald, any jewel and
thul, i have a chance on getting an amu with teleport? Or is the
crafted item a collection of the mods i put in ? Does it make a
difference to put in a magical or rare jewel , good or bad? lvl
required for the jewel/amu, etc ? Or is the output (the crafted item)
random put together?
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:17:54 PM

In article <cv24kb$9fs$2@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote:
>Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

>> It can appear as a mod on magic amulets (amulet of teleportation), and as
>> one of the mods on rare and crafted amulets (since crafted amulets can get
>> about any mod a rare can get).
>>
>> Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant> skills,
>> the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life, +mana, and maybe
>> some +FCR.
>>
>> Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.
>
>Ok, so if i would transmute any magical amu + a Pemerald, any jewel and
>thul, i have a chance on getting an amu with teleport? Or is the
>crafted item a collection of the mods i put in ? Does it make a
>difference to put in a magical or rare jewel , good or bad? lvl
>required for the jewel/amu, etc ? Or is the output (the crafted item)
>random put together?

See the information about crafting on the Arreat Summit, start with:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/

and check around, it's somewhere in the Horadric Cube section.

Short version: the output of crafting depends on your own level, and the
level of the input amulet. ilvl of the crafted amulet is: 0.5 x (clvl +
ilvl-amulet).

So, to get +2 skills, you'd like to do this with as high a level char as
you can get (90+), and also use this char to gamble the amulet to be used
(since the ilvl of a gambled amulet is around +/-4 lvls of your own
level).

The teleportation mod has much lower ilvl requirements, look around the
arreat summit, for the magic pre-/postfixes items can get.

Hope this help you to get started a bit... Read the site, learn the site,
it contains loads of important and useful information... ;)

Regards,

Patrick.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 5:43:06 PM

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;

> >from
Mephisto's
> >is a
> >down to
> >unkillable.

> >and
> >>
> >> Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken
some
> >serious
> >> dedication!
> >>

> >Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
> >
> >As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
> >
> >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
>
> Didn't you get GiveMeYourDead to 99 twice?

Yes, once on east, before I switched to west.

Mickey
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 7:55:58 PM

Hi,

Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote in news:cv24kb$9fs$2@news.cistron.nl:

> Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
>> In article <cv1rn6$9fs$1@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant>
>> skills, the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life,
>> +mana, and maybe some +FCR.
>>
>> Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Patrick.
>

> Ok, so if i would transmute any magical amu + a Pemerald, any jewel
> and thul, i have a chance on getting an amu with teleport? Or is the
> crafted item a collection of the mods i put in ? Does it make a
> difference to put in a magical or rare jewel , good or bad? lvl
> required for the jewel/amu, etc ? Or is the output (the crafted item)
> random put together?

the affix calculator gives a good idea what is possible with the different
recipes: http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/

I always use the Blood crafting recipe (AMN, PRuby + Jewel). Don't use rare
jewels, it doesn't make a difference. Amulets with +2skills and tele
charges will be very high level like 85+ and you need a char around 90 to
make it happen.

Gambling is another good source for stuff like this. Teleport can also
spawn on circlets, I think I have a +skills circlet with tele charges. And
you can always let Larzuk add one socket to it.

Regards,

Oliver
February 17, 2005 11:00:20 PM

> Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
>
> As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
>
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
<SNIP>

One of those dudes is not like the others one of those dudes isn't quite the
same 8D

Love the names for LondoMolari and Thufir Howat. Gonna make an Ivanova or
Mohiam? LOL

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote

>Rod Runnheim wrote:
>> >
>> > Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
>> > high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
>> > summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives
>from
>> > the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
>> > face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
>> > case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception
>is a
>> > summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip
>down to
>> > nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less
>unkillable.
>> >
>> > Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros
>and
>> > 3 ladder wins with em :o )
>>
>> Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken some
>serious
>> dedication!
>>

>Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
>
>As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
>
>http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg

Didn't you get GiveMeYourDead to 99 twice?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> Mickey wrote:
> >
> > Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
> >
> > As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
> >
> > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
>
> Why does ThufirHowat ring a bell. Ahh, was it Dune?
> --
> ~misfit~

Yup

short
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 10:37:39 AM

Sliver wrote:
> > Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
> >
> > As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
> >
> > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
> <SNIP>
>
> One of those dudes is not like the others one of those dudes isn't
quite the
> same 8D
>
> Love the names for LondoMolari and Thufir Howat. Gonna make an
Ivanova or
> Mohiam? LOL

I have a G'Kar and a Delenn, and a Muad'Dib :)

Mickey
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 10:38:46 AM

Dalai Lama wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2005 09:55:28 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >Rod Runnheim wrote:
> >> Hello group,
> >>
> >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro
--
> >at least
> >> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put
together
> >> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried
it?
> >Any
> >> recommendations for/against?
>
> >For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main
reason
> >for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No
better
> >way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
> >again to collect them.
>
> Where are the best (or least worst relatively speaking) places to
> hunt for something like a Jah or Ber rune? Any sites that have a
> good calculator for 1.10? (the one I had bookmarked is no longer
> around).

Hi end runes can fall just about anywhere in hell mode. When I am
hunting runes, I usually hit the jungles, as you get more drops there.

Mickey
!