Rune World Bramble

Hello group,

Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro -- at least
while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together a
"Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it? Any
recommendations for/against?

Rod
24 answers Last reply
More about rune world bramble

    Rod Runnheim wrote:
    > Hello group,
    >
    > Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
    at least
    > while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
    > "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
    Any
    > recommendations for/against?

    For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
    for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
    way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
    again to collect them.

    Mickey

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > Rod Runnheim wrote:
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
    > at least
    >> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
    >> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
    > Any
    >> recommendations for/against?
    >
    > For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
    > for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
    > way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
    > again to collect them.

    Hmm, that does look good! Looks like I have to rebuild my riches to
    afford some good runes.

    Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1108576528.090887.86540
    > @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > Rod Runnheim wrote:
    > >> Hello group,
    > >>
    > >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro
    --
    > > at least
    > >> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put
    together
    > >> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried
    it?
    > > Any
    > >> recommendations for/against?
    > >
    > > For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main
    reason
    > > for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No
    better
    > > way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now
    and
    > > again to collect them.
    >
    > does Thorns aura work on a merc? Might merc with Doom Thresher and
    Chains
    > of Honor armor on your necro. You can always get teleport charges on
    > crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
    > charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

    yes, you can get teleport spells on an ammy. They are QUITE expensive
    to fix, and in any case, what are you giving up on that ammy to get
    those spells? The enigma has just about everything a necro could want,
    and leaves you free to wear a Mara's for both the skills and resists.
    Thorns is overrated for sommoners anyway, as you can always put an item
    on a merc that provides it and it doesn't really return enough damage
    in hell mode to really be worth a major investment. I'd rather just
    drop one point in CE and hire a might merc.

    Mickey

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Mickey wrote:
    > > Rod Runnheim wrote:
    > >> Hello group,
    > >>
    > >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro
    --
    > >> at least while the interest remains. I would eventually like to
    put
    > >> together a "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has
    > >> anyone tried it? Any recommendations for/against?
    > >
    > > For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main
    > > reason for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free
    teleports.
    > > No better way to keep those revives from getting lost than to
    > > teleport now and again to collect them.
    >
    > Totally agree there. If you're spending high runes then Enigma is
    certainly
    > the way to go. Especially if you use the necro for MF when he's
    reached his
    > Patriarch as so many of us do.

    Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
    high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
    summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives from
    the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
    face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
    case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception is a
    summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip down to
    nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less unkillable.

    Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros and
    3 ladder wins with em :o)

    On 16 Feb 2005 09:55:28 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

    >Rod Runnheim wrote:
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
    >at least
    >> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
    >> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
    >Any
    >> recommendations for/against?

    >For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
    >for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
    >way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
    >again to collect them.

    Where are the best (or least worst relatively speaking) places to
    hunt for something like a Jah or Ber rune? Any sites that have a
    good calculator for 1.10? (the one I had bookmarked is no longer
    around).

    Hi,

    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in news:1108576528.090887.86540
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Rod Runnheim wrote:
    >> Hello group,
    >>
    >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro --
    > at least
    >> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put together
    >> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried it?
    > Any
    >> recommendations for/against?
    >
    > For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
    > for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
    > way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
    > again to collect them.

    does Thorns aura work on a merc? Might merc with Doom Thresher and Chains
    of Honor armor on your necro. You can always get teleport charges on a
    crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
    charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

    I tried the Doom/Bramble combo in SP the other day, and it rocks so much
    the game gets boringly easy..

    Unless you are very rich, I'd go with a CoH armor - only 1 high rune and
    lots of goodies..

    Regards,

    Oliver

    > Mickey

    >> For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main reason
    >> for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No better
    >> way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
    >> again to collect them.
    >
    > does Thorns aura work on a merc?

    Good question, I assumed so but....

    > Might merc with Doom Thresher and Chains of Honor armor on your necro.

    That looks good too!

    What are the going prices on high level runes now? Traded only in other
    runes. It's been a while....

    Rod

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:59:02 +0100, Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de>
    wrote:

    >>does Thorns aura work on a merc? Might merc with Doom Thresher and Chains
    >of Honor armor on your necro. You can always get teleport charges on a
    >crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
    >charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

    Thorns does indeed work on a merc, one of my act 1 mercs is running
    around with an Edge runeword bow right now, and it's just dandy.

    > yes, you can get teleport spells on an ammy. They are QUITE expensive
    > to fix, and in any case, what are you giving up on that ammy to get
    > those spells? The enigma has just about everything a necro could want,
    > and leaves you free to wear a Mara's for both the skills and resists.
    > Thorns is overrated for sommoners anyway, as you can always put an item
    > on a merc that provides it and it doesn't really return enough damage
    > in hell mode to really be worth a major investment. I'd rather just
    > drop one point in CE and hire a might merc.

    Well, basically...what Mickey said. If you're gonna spend high runes on a
    necro, Enigma blows Bramble out of the water. The returned damage in hell is
    a joke against most enemies(this comes from someone who's USED both armors),
    and you will kill MUCH quicker with telekill than you will with thorns. As a
    bonus, Enigma lets you teleport away if your merc somehow gets himself in
    trouble and gives you extra +2 skills, AND you get that nice MF bonus to
    boot. Sure, you could use a teleport ammy, but if you do, you're giving up
    the +2 skills and resists you could get from Maras or a nice rare necro
    ammy, not to mention the ~25k you'll have to spend on each teleport
    charge(at least, that's what it ran my necro before he got an Enigma).

    Rod Runnheim wrote:

    > > Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
    > > high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
    > > summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives
    from
    > > the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
    > > face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
    > > case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception
    is a
    > > summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip
    down to
    > > nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less
    unkillable.

    > > Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros
    and
    > > 3 ladder wins with em :o)
    >
    > Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken some
    serious
    > dedication!

    Played to the very precipice of divorce :)

    As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:

    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg

    Mickey

    Group,

    Thank you all for the informative replies. I just discovered that a friend
    of mine had muled off my Trang's set when I quit playing over a year ago.
    At least I'll be able to get that back!

    Rod

    > Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
    > high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
    > summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives from
    > the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
    > face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
    > case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception is a
    > summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip down to
    > nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less unkillable.
    >
    > Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros and
    > 3 ladder wins with em :o)

    Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken some serious
    dedication!

    Rod

    > Well, basically...what Mickey said. If you're gonna spend high runes on a
    > necro, Enigma blows Bramble out of the water. The returned damage in hell
    > is
    > a joke against most enemies(this comes from someone who's USED both
    > armors),
    > and you will kill MUCH quicker with telekill than you will with thorns.

    Sounds like two Necro sages agree! Of course that decision is much easier
    than gathering the runes I'll need, but now I know what I'm working toward.

    Rod

    > As a
    > bonus, Enigma lets you teleport away if your merc somehow gets himself in
    > trouble and gives you extra +2 skills, AND you get that nice MF bonus to
    > boot. Sure, you could use a teleport ammy, but if you do, you're giving up
    > the +2 skills and resists you could get from Maras or a nice rare necro
    > ammy, not to mention the ~25k you'll have to spend on each teleport
    > charge(at least, that's what it ran my necro before he got an Enigma).
    >
    >> Mickey

    *snip*
    > You can always get teleport charges on a
    > crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
    > charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...

    How do you get an amu like that ? Dont see it in the crafted items on
    arreat summit ?

    In article <cv1rn6$9fs$1@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote:
    >*snip*
    >> You can always get teleport charges on a
    >> crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
    >> charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...
    >
    >How do you get an amu like that ? Dont see it in the crafted items on
    >arreat summit ?

    It can appear as a mod on magic amulets (amulet of teleportation), and as
    one of the mods on rare and crafted amulets (since crafted amulets can get
    about any mod a rare can get).

    Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant> skills,
    the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life, +mana, and maybe
    some +FCR.

    Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
    > In article <cv1rn6$9fs$1@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote:
    >
    >>*snip*
    >>
    >>>You can always get teleport charges on a
    >>>crafted ammu (got one for my necro with +2 necro skills and 25 Tele
    >>>charges). And the repair charges aren't that bad, really...
    >>
    >>How do you get an amu like that ? Dont see it in the crafted items on
    >>arreat summit ?
    >

    > It can appear as a mod on magic amulets (amulet of teleportation), and as
    > one of the mods on rare and crafted amulets (since crafted amulets can get
    > about any mod a rare can get).
    >
    > Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant> skills,
    > the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life, +mana, and maybe
    > some +FCR.
    >
    > Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Patrick.

    Ok, so if i would transmute any magical amu + a Pemerald, any jewel and
    thul, i have a chance on getting an amu with teleport? Or is the
    crafted item a collection of the mods i put in ? Does it make a
    difference to put in a magical or rare jewel , good or bad? lvl
    required for the jewel/amu, etc ? Or is the output (the crafted item)
    random put together?

    In article <cv24kb$9fs$2@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote:
    >Patrick Vervoorn wrote:

    >> It can appear as a mod on magic amulets (amulet of teleportation), and as
    >> one of the mods on rare and crafted amulets (since crafted amulets can get
    >> about any mod a rare can get).
    >>
    >> Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant> skills,
    >> the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life, +mana, and maybe
    >> some +FCR.
    >>
    >> Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.
    >
    >Ok, so if i would transmute any magical amu + a Pemerald, any jewel and
    >thul, i have a chance on getting an amu with teleport? Or is the
    >crafted item a collection of the mods i put in ? Does it make a
    >difference to put in a magical or rare jewel , good or bad? lvl
    >required for the jewel/amu, etc ? Or is the output (the crafted item)
    >random put together?

    See the information about crafting on the Arreat Summit, start with:

    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/

    and check around, it's somewhere in the Horadric Cube section.

    Short version: the output of crafting depends on your own level, and the
    level of the input amulet. ilvl of the crafted amulet is: 0.5 x (clvl +
    ilvl-amulet).

    So, to get +2 skills, you'd like to do this with as high a level char as
    you can get (90+), and also use this char to gamble the amulet to be used
    (since the ilvl of a gambled amulet is around +/-4 lvls of your own
    level).

    The teleportation mod has much lower ilvl requirements, look around the
    arreat summit, for the magic pre-/postfixes items can get.

    Hope this help you to get started a bit... Read the site, learn the site,
    it contains loads of important and useful information... ;)

    Regards,

    Patrick.

    jerk-o wrote:
    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>

    > >from
    Mephisto's
    > >is a
    > >down to
    > >unkillable.

    > >and
    > >>
    > >> Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken
    some
    > >serious
    > >> dedication!
    > >>

    > >Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
    > >
    > >As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
    > >
    > >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
    >
    > Didn't you get GiveMeYourDead to 99 twice?

    Yes, once on east, before I switched to west.

    Mickey

    Hi,

    Rover <i_hate@spam.com> wrote in news:cv24kb$9fs$2@news.cistron.nl:

    > Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
    >> In article <cv1rn6$9fs$1@news.cistron.nl>, Rover <i_hate@spam.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> Best would of course be a rare/crafted amulet with +2 <relevant>
    >> skills, the teleport charges, and as gravy some res-all, +life,
    >> +mana, and maybe some +FCR.
    >>
    >> Simple recipe: gamble loads of amulets, or craft loads of amulets.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Patrick.
    >

    > Ok, so if i would transmute any magical amu + a Pemerald, any jewel
    > and thul, i have a chance on getting an amu with teleport? Or is the
    > crafted item a collection of the mods i put in ? Does it make a
    > difference to put in a magical or rare jewel , good or bad? lvl
    > required for the jewel/amu, etc ? Or is the output (the crafted item)
    > random put together?

    the affix calculator gives a good idea what is possible with the different
    recipes: http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/

    I always use the Blood crafting recipe (AMN, PRuby + Jewel). Don't use rare
    jewels, it doesn't make a difference. Amulets with +2skills and tele
    charges will be very high level like 85+ and you need a char around 90 to
    make it happen.

    Gambling is another good source for stuff like this. Teleport can also
    spawn on circlets, I think I have a +skills circlet with tele charges. And
    you can always let Larzuk add one socket to it.

    Regards,

    Oliver

    > Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
    >
    > As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
    >
    > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
    <SNIP>

    One of those dudes is not like the others one of those dudes isn't quite the
    same 8D

    Love the names for LondoMolari and Thufir Howat. Gonna make an Ivanova or
    Mohiam? LOL

    --
    In a World Full of Insanity
    Here I Stand.

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
    "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote

    >Rod Runnheim wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Exactly so. The Enigma is a two way item, whereas most of the other
    >> > high end runis armors are ONLY battle gear. With an enigma, a good
    >> > summoner can take the portal to pindle, make some skels or revives
    >from
    >> > the dead ones laying there, run back to the WP and be in Mephisto's
    >> > face in 45 seconds, and never be at risk at any point. In any other
    >> > case, a sorceress makes the best MF character. The sole exception
    >is a
    >> > summoner with an Enigma, as he is far more relisiant, can strip
    >down to
    >> > nearly nothing and load up on MF and still be mor eor less
    >unkillable.
    >> >
    >> > Mickey - Then again, what do I know, I only have 5 level 99 necros
    >and
    >> > 3 ladder wins with em :o)
    >>
    >> Okay point taken! Wow, 3 ladder wins -- that must have taken some
    >serious
    >> dedication!
    >>

    >Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
    >
    >As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
    >
    >http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg

    Didn't you get GiveMeYourDead to 99 twice?
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Mickey wrote:
    > >
    > > Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
    > >
    > > As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
    > >
    > > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
    >
    > Why does ThufirHowat ring a bell. Ahh, was it Dune?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Yup

    short

    Sliver wrote:
    > > Played to the very precipice of divorce :)
    > >
    > > As I haven't posted it in a while, ye dole crew:
    > >
    > > http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mickeyb/thecrew.jpg
    > <SNIP>
    >
    > One of those dudes is not like the others one of those dudes isn't
    quite the
    > same 8D
    >
    > Love the names for LondoMolari and Thufir Howat. Gonna make an
    Ivanova or
    > Mohiam? LOL

    I have a G'Kar and a Delenn, and a Muad'Dib :)

    Mickey

    Dalai Lama wrote:
    > On 16 Feb 2005 09:55:28 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:
    >

    > >Rod Runnheim wrote:
    > >> Hello group,
    > >>
    > >> Back after over a year off. I'm rebuilding my summoning Necro
    --
    > >at least
    > >> while the interest remains. I would eventually like to put
    together
    > >> "Bramble" armor for my merc, or for the necro. Has anyone tried
    it?
    > >Any
    > >> recommendations for/against?
    >
    > >For a summoning necro, I would go with Enigma any time. The main
    reason
    > >for this is not the +2 skills, but rather the free teleports. No
    better
    > >way to keep those revives from getting lost than to teleport now and
    > >again to collect them.
    >
    > Where are the best (or least worst relatively speaking) places to
    > hunt for something like a Jah or Ber rune? Any sites that have a
    > good calculator for 1.10? (the one I had bookmarked is no longer
    > around).

    Hi end runes can fall just about anywhere in hell mode. When I am
    hunting runes, I usually hit the jungles, as you get more drops there.

    Mickey

Games Diablo Video Games Product