Installation of XP SP2

I installed the XP SP2 upgrade from the free CD yesterday. However, when I
checked my system information today its still showing as XP SP1. I installed
SP2 again this morning, via MS's automatic updates, everything appeared to go
smooth (as it did yesterday) but my system information still shows as XP SP1.

I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or why my system is not showing
the upgrade. I also checked on MS's website to show a history of upgrades
I've done and it lists the SP2 upgrade as successful. If anyone could help
I'ld greatly appreciate it (as would my kids -- cause I'm hogging the
computer and they can't get on to check what the waves are like ;) ).
Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about installation

    Hi

    Do all three of the following report SP1:

    Running

    winver

    from Start>Run

    Right click My Computer amd select Properties.

    Use Winkey + Pause/Break.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "techmom" <techmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I installed the XP SP2 upgrade from the free CD yesterday. However, when I
    > checked my system information today its still showing as XP SP1. I
    > installed
    > SP2 again this morning, via MS's automatic updates, everything appeared to
    > go
    > smooth (as it did yesterday) but my system information still shows as XP
    > SP1.
    >
    > I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or why my system is not showing
    > the upgrade. I also checked on MS's website to show a history of upgrades
    > I've done and it lists the SP2 upgrade as successful. If anyone could
    > help
    > I'ld greatly appreciate it (as would my kids -- cause I'm hogging the
    > computer and they can't get on to check what the waves are like ;) ).
    > Thanks in advance.

Microsoft Windows XP