Installation of XP SP2

September 5, 2004 1:47:02 PM

I installed the XP SP2 upgrade from the free CD yesterday. However, when I
checked my system information today its still showing as XP SP1. I installed
SP2 again this morning, via MS's automatic updates, everything appeared to go
smooth (as it did yesterday) but my system information still shows as XP SP1.

I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or why my system is not showing
the upgrade. I also checked on MS's website to show a history of upgrades
I've done and it lists the SP2 upgrade as successful. If anyone could help
I'ld greatly appreciate it (as would my kids -- cause I'm hogging the
computer and they can't get on to check what the waves are like ;)  ).
Thanks in advance.

More about : installation sp2

Anonymous
September 5, 2004 10:04:42 PM

Hi

Do all three of the following report SP1:

Running

winver

from Start>Run

Right click My Computer amd select Properties.

Use Winkey + Pause/Break.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User