How do I set a password for Windows XP home?

I need to set a password for Windows XP home but I dont want to set up a
user account, just password protect my computer and set a password for the
screensaver.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thank You

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

>I need to set a password for Windows XP home but I dont want to set up a
>user account.

Then what are you using now? The default or admin? Just password it.

> just password protect my computer and set a password for the screensaver.

Um, you can't set a screensaver unless you are logged into an account, even
if it's a default or admin. Therefore, you must use at least one account.

> Does anyone know how to do this?

Yes, create a default account, then password it.

> Thank You

You're welcome.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Kevin J. Nielsen" <kevin@5smalldogs.com> wrote in message

> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

If your system currently directly reaches your desktop, Then you can go to
control panel->user Accounts -> Change account -> Select the user that you
want to set a password -> choose create a password

I hope it should help you..

Regards

Ravickumar M