I've got a hammerdin with the usual optimum setup, hoto, enigma, shako,
arachnid, war travs and hoz. What I was wondering is could the hoz be
beneficially upgraded to a exile or sanctuary? There are so many pluses and
minuses with some equiptment it hard to figure the trade-off sometimes.

Thanks!

MIS wrote:
> I've got a hammerdin with the usual optimum setup, hoto, enigma,
shako,
> arachnid, war travs and hoz. What I was wondering is could the hoz be

> beneficially upgraded to a exile or sanctuary? There are so many
pluses and
> minuses with some equiptment it hard to figure the trade-off
sometimes.

Methinks it is just better to upgrade the HoZ to an elite :)

Mickey

Shiflet wrote:
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Methinks it is just better to upgrade the HoZ to an elite :)
>
> Is the extra strength cost really worth it though for a hammerdin? At
best
> an upped HoZ gets an extra 60 or so def, but the strength requirement
jumps
> a bit too. For a smiter, I'd definitely up it, but for a hammerdin,
I'm not
> sure if it's really worth it.

True. You can offset the STR somewhat with either items or a HEL rune,
but then that reduces the RA it would have with a P-Diamond.

Mickey