Very annoying!!!!

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
Okay, while just browsing the web and chatting to friends and stuff, random programs stop responding. It usually does it when i try switching from a browser to another browser, or from an AIM chat window to a browser, or vice verca. Okay, so i click on another window, and my mouse becomes the timer thing, and everything turns white (sometimes) or just pauses. After a couple seconds you see (Not Responding) in the title bar. The time it stops responding varies, but it gets VERY annoying when it happens every couple seconds. Even while clicking hyperlinks this happens. Does anyone know what can be the problem?

I've tried Adaware, Spybot, Hijack this....ran 2 antivirus programs...AVG and online PC-Cillin....Zone Alarm is working & ok....BUT IT STILL HAPPENS...

Several runs of Memtest68....RDRAM is ok.....latest INFs for the i850....HD defraged.....virtual memory more than enough......I Just cant find anything wrong with my system....

BUT THIS THING IS STILL THERE...AND IS VERY ANNOYING.....

AND ANOTHER THING...

When ever I right click the mouse and run the cursor aiming to go to "CUT, COPY OR PASTE OR DELETE" and the mouse passes over "SEND TO" it HANGS THERE FOR LIKE 3-5 SECONDS and then the curser is freely moving once again....

VERY ANNOYING!!