Crysis 2 Gameplay Shown at GDC 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttangx

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
Cool, it's coming out this year (hopefully) so we'll all be able to take a look at it in a few months.

danielmastia

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I hope the statement they made about requierements it's true. I'd hate to have to wait a year or two to be able to play it properly

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
that looked pretty good for console footage. The "destructible environments" were a little lacking in the destruction though IMHO. I liked the hit reactions. That was something that Ive always said was missing in so many games. You arent gonna get shot even with body armor on and not react to it but in games guys just keep running till they die.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]I hope that the pc version has a very high option that makes it look better than on a ps3.[/citation]

...probably just higher resolution textures, greater LOD reduction distance/more objects in your FOV at all times, and more aggressive tesselation (I guess that fits in with LOD, but oh well) That is fine by me though, as long as the models and maps aren't super low-poly and the textures and lighting are good, I'm happy.... for now.

dstln

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Game looks like it has the ability to be genuinely great, here's hoping. And I have faith in them to give the PC version what it deserves :p

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Bones I need more to play Crysis 2 maxed out! Damnit Jim I'm just a GPU not a miracle worker![/citation]
Would have been been funny had you asked the engineer for more power rather then the doctor.

G

Will Crysis 2 utilize multiple CPU cores?
(Will there be a benefit to getting a 6 core chip?)

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]a_dude[/nom]Will Crysis 2 utilize multiple CPU cores?(Will there be a benefit to getting a 6 core chip?)[/citation]
it will use at least four. as for six...

rags_20

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Crysis used 2 cores. Its only logical that Crysis 2 would use 4 cores what with Quad core processors becoming pretty common these days. I mean, Crysis 2 could sure use the extra resources. And as for DX 11, if Crysis 2 supports it fully, I'm getting a 5850 just for it.

UmeNNis

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Here's a question... if the game is DX11, and I have a DX10 card, will I be able to run it at dx10 levels you think, or perhaps theyd just do a dx11 version and a dx9 version for compatibility? I'm behind the curve on pc games lately heh...

reichscythe

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2008
Wait... not to be a huge arse by mentioning this...but um... did the reporter seriously misspell Crytek's name consistently throughout the entire article?? Was this an editorial cock-up or just some "translation" error?

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
And I'm still waiting for the day graphics get to the next level. We've come from trees based on two sprites in a cross to trees with fixed branches and shader leaves all moving in predicatable patters, but we've got two more steps ahead before we really see a change. First we need to see the tessiliation (or whatever it's spelled like) applied to any naturally varied obstacle geometry (stones, flag, human limbs etc). And second we need to invent a way to make building and ground geometry non-flat. Bump mapping doesn't work well on the floor, and still in crysis 2 you can see where the floor geometry is, and that it's simply a textured flat surface. When will we see walls that don't end in an unnaturally straight sharp way, and roads with grooves and bumps in them? Only then has graphics improved enough for me to say 'wow' at it. Better lighting is good, but it's not going to do much difference. We already have hdr and soft shadows and plenty of blending. We need geometry to improve in order for the overall image to improve.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]UmeNNis[/nom]Here's a question... if the game is DX11, and I have a DX10 card, will I be able to run it at dx10 levels you think, or perhaps theyd just do a dx11 version and a dx9 version for compatibility? I'm behind the curve on pc games lately heh...[/citation]
Unless there's a pathway for dx10 you can't run dx10 on it.
I am almost 200% certain that they'll ship a dx9 pathway though in order to not miss out on the vast majority of potential customers who didn't get an ati 5000 series card before it went mia.

Status
Not open for further replies.