My documents X 3

Do I really have to have 3 copies of all folders in "My Documents" but in
different places? 1) Desktop-- 2)my name under Documents and settings-- 3) My
name under My Computer.
If not how may I get rid of 1 or more? I am the only user of this computer.
Thanks

gagar wrote:
> Do I really have to have 3 copies of all folders in "My Documents"
> but in different places? 1) Desktop-- 2)my name under Documents and
> settings-- 3) My name under My Computer.
> If not how may I get rid of 1 or more? I am the only user of this
> computer. Thanks

They're called "Shortcuts"..

The actually location of your My Documents (if you have not redirected them)
is:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your_Username\My Documents

--
<- Shenan ->

Thanks for the reply. It did make me check out the properties of each and see
that the actual files are under Documents and settings , then my name. I
would still like to get rid of 1 or more sets. Wouldn't it be feasible to
perhaps move them to the desktop file and get rid of the others?
Thanks

gagar wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. It did make me check out the properties of each
> and see that the actual files are under Documents and settings ,
> then my name. I would still like to get rid of 1 or more sets.
> Wouldn't it be feasible to perhaps move them to the desktop file and
> get rid of the others?

You can delete whichever of the shortcuts you don't want - doesn't matter -
the files are located in that central location. The shortcut is JUST to the
folder. You could create a shortcut to any folder or file on your machine
and put it where ever you wanted or in as many places as you wanted.. It's
just a shortcut - a LINK to the actual file.. Very small.

--
<- Shenan ->