Noisy PC HELP :(

Peter_Kanchev

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
I've bought GA-7VAX and AthlonXP 2000+. The PC works fine but the CPU FAN is very very noisy. It's TITAN CU5TB - Pure Copper. Is this usual?
Thank you in advance!

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey P,

Yeah, this is a on-going thing with me. Performance vs. Heat & Noise. I have been using T.I. Dr. Thermal TI-V77L(3800 rpm Fan) HSF's. They offer decent performance/cooling & are not that loud. If you have more than 2 case fans you might try "Akasa Pax.Mate Acoustic Absorption Mat"(about $20 for a 1 computer pack). These kinds of products do a lot to reduce the high pitched whine of high speed HSF's. On the down side, they do little to reduce the loudness of slower fans like 80mm & PSU fans, they also hold more of the heat of the system in the case(thus the reference: "if you have more than 2 case fans"). I have taken a even cheaper route, I have used heavy carpet foam padding & glued it to the inside of cases with silcone adhesive. It works just as well as the Akasa foam & is much cheaper.

Now that you know that the noise of the various fans are going to bother you, you should look for reviews of HSF's & their performance vs. noise. Good Luck

Peace Out.............tile

I wish my imaginary friends could give me better advice