Windows Explorer and Desktop Icon Issues

Ok folks - I pull up windows explorer and click on the Folder tab, and on the
left is nothing but a beige rectangle with an "x" (Close button) in the top
right corner. This isn't what it should be - theres no folder tree of the
drive, desktop etc.

Could somebody please help solve this problem - or assist me in
troubleshooting?

Also, my desktop icons keep repositionning themselves in a vertical fashon
on the left side of the screen, every time the computer is turned on or
restarted.

Auto-Arrange is not enabled, nor is any of the align methods selected. I
don't know why they keep resetting themselves - Please help!

Any assistance is appreciated! - Matt

"Medicalman" <Medicalman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Ok folks - I pull up windows explorer and click on the Folder tab, and on the
>left is nothing but a beige rectangle with an "x" (Close button) in the top
>right corner. This isn't what it should be - theres no folder tree of the
>drive, desktop etc.

See "The Folders Bar in Windows Explorer Does Not Contain Any Icons"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307028).

--
(tm)

TRENDING THREADS