Battlefield 2142, any good?

I've had this game for some time now. It has it's issues but mostly items that were taken care of in patches. So make sure you have the latest patch, which came out recently. I just stopped playing this for a while because i picked up Crysis and have been play that in single player for a while. Battlefield was ment to be played multiplayer online. There is a single player game but never even played it, I can't imagine it even compares to the multiplayer. I think it is a VERY good game. Always ALOT going on and tons of ribbons, badges, metals, pins to get during a round. There are different multiplayer types, Titan and Conquest. If you have the norther strike expansion there is a northern assault one as well which is fun. I deffinitly got my moneys worth on this game and found it to be loads of fun. There is alot of strategy and team work involved with it as well. As you go up in rank and recieve unlocks you get more weapons and items to use which keep the game from getting stale. You can also try to be the commander which has an etirely different role in the game as you command squads to attack and defend certain area, drop supplies, call in UAV's, drop missle attacks, EMP attacks, etc. It's a fun game I think. Sort like a first person shooter on steroids. I'd suggest a headset with a mic as you can talk to your squad members and makes it easier. There are alot of tips online for achieving badges and such because many take time and are difficult to obtain. But you get more points for getting these. It's FUN.

ouroboros

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same game that so much flak awhile back for the rootkit it installs on your system?

kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
bf2142 is a great game man, its a fast-paced frenzy, but has depth, with squads, commands, vehicles, medals, dog tags, etc etc

you wont regret it

Pollux

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2007

Unless you pay on FF=OFF servers ;)

I have this game and the huge amount of ribbons, pins badges and medals will give you that sense of accomplishment that makes you want to keep palying the game. Also like the second poster mentioned, you can get unlocks (more weapons and accesories to choose from). It's very very tactical, and team work does the job. I'd recommend it.

cliffro

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007

Absolutely not. The game is protected by safedisc which while still a pain, it is nowhere near the likes of SecureRom or Starforce. Unless you are referring to the EADM/EA LINK/EA Downloader, which is like Steam. I use it for 2142 myself as well as loads of other games.