kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
i just pwned a bunch of expert bots in cs source :bounce:

7 kill no death streak

EXPERT REALLY

i even have the screenshot if you dont believe me

and they werent camping/flashbang kills - head on headshots

and i finally, FINALLY got the hang of recoil control (playing with expert bots really puts you under pressure to play better :lol: )

does this mean i can play in CEVO now? no? whyyyy :cry:

seriously though, do you guys feel bots are an okay training method? because i dont wanna use bandwidth until i upgrade to unlimited download internet service

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Lol no bots aren't a good indication, they can aim well but they are stupid when it comes to the subtleties of online play like grenade throwing and positioning on maps. Get yourself on a decent server and see how you fare.

kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
alright man, will do - do you know how much downloading a cs game is in mb? cause my limit is 20GB a month... its 7mbps so the speed isnt that bad

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006

Agreed!

Best,

3Ball

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
20 gig is a fair bit, a game doesn't utilise that much, if you want to check how much it actually uses there are bandwidth monitoring programs available. P.s. my record for cs 1.5 was 27 with no deaths, i haven't played that much source but I did a round where I got 8 kills without dying. And i'm not top clan standard by any means, so whilst kill streaks are pretty cool as they get the adrenaline pumping there not the be all and end all.

kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
does it upload any? cause its the uploads which pass the limit of 10gigs and i get charged arms, legs and video cards

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Hmmm… answer is, NO!

Bots are not a good indecation of how good you are in Counter Strike online nor are they a good training method. Bots are not people they do not think in the same way, they merely run around a map until they find you and will then try to shoot at you. They are slightly varied in accuracy and tactics for a given map but they are all scripted at the end of the day.

If you want to be good playing against real people then you have to play against real people and the best way is to always be thrown in at the deep end. The only thing you will get out of playing bots is better point and click abilities. You need a hell of a lot more than that to be worth anything in a CS game.

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Bots are not very good training for anything but playing bots.

Your aim will improve though.

This is not to say that bots don't require skill.

My idea of a "good" bot score is around 1 vs 30 or so, expert, on a map with no defensive chokepoints.

Games do upload and download. You've got enough to play.
Get a bandwidth monitor and play real people, if that's what you want.

Or maybe paintball practice, but that's probably more expensive than bandwidth.

kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
1vs30 expert bots? are you serious? cause damn these guys know where you are without seeing you

and ya i took your advice, i play online now, not much, but some and some skills are learned immediately like hiding from grenades, dodging snipers, and last but not least killing your target ASAP

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Aye it's experience of the maps and real life situations in game that make you a great a player, e.g. killing people when blind because it's obvious where they are from the trajectory of the granade, got one of those today, he was livid.

kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
you know what? online, there is no time to think, no time to show off, no time to do anything - dodge grenades and kill - needless to say, im getting pwned :( but i hope ill improve in like a month or 2 :bounce:

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004

No, if they are wallhacking then they are the same as most people online! ;)

kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
i am pleasantly suprised =) - i use up less bandwidth playing CS online than nerding the internet and downloading songs etc