compatibility

hi, erm, I recently decided to upgrade my pc.
I'm running windows 98 at the moment so i thought i could go for a copy of
windows xp. But i went into the local PC shop and they said that I would have
to check the compatibility between my system and windows xp (as my machine
was built for windows 98). I was told that there would be a download on the
microsoft website for to check the compatibility of my system but I was
unable to find it. could someone please help me find it?
2 answers Last reply
More about compatibility

    aatwo wrote:
    > hi, erm, I recently decided to upgrade my pc.
    > I'm running windows 98 at the moment so i thought i could
    > go for a copy of windows xp. But i went into the local PC
    > shop and they said that I would have to check the
    > compatibility between my system and windows xp (as my
    > machine was built for windows 98). I was told that there
    > would be a download on the microsoft website for to check
    > the compatibility of my system but I was unable to find
    > it. could someone please help me find it?

    Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/advisor.mspx

    HOW TO Prepare to Upgrade Win98 or WinMe
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316639

    Upgrading to Windows XP
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
    count on having both at once. - RAH

    Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726

    HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
    Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "aatwo" wrote:

    | hi, erm, I recently decided to upgrade my pc.
    | I'm running windows 98 at the moment so i thought i could go for a copy of
    | windows xp. But i went into the local PC shop and they said that I would have
    | to check the compatibility between my system and windows xp (as my machine
    | was built for windows 98). I was told that there would be a download on the
    | microsoft website for to check the compatibility of my system but I was
    | unable to find it. could someone please help me find it?

Windows 98 Microsoft Compatibility Windows XP