compatibility

September 6, 2004 3:49:04 PM

hi, erm, I recently decided to upgrade my pc.
I'm running windows 98 at the moment so i thought i could go for a copy of
windows xp. But i went into the local PC shop and they said that I would have
to check the compatibility between my system and windows xp (as my machine
was built for windows 98). I was told that there would be a download on the
microsoft website for to check the compatibility of my system but I was
unable to find it. could someone please help me find it?

More about : compatibility

Anonymous
September 6, 2004 5:18:55 PM

aatwo wrote:
> hi, erm, I recently decided to upgrade my pc.
> I'm running windows 98 at the moment so i thought i could
> go for a copy of windows xp. But i went into the local PC
> shop and they said that I would have to check the
> compatibility between my system and windows xp (as my
> machine was built for windows 98). I was told that there
> would be a download on the microsoft website for to check
> the compatibility of my system but I was unable to find
> it. could someone please help me find it?

Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/advis...

HOW TO Prepare to Upgrade Win98 or WinMe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316639

Upgrading to Windows XP
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpupgrad.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
count on having both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 6:12:53 PM

Windows XP Upgrade Advisor
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307726

HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or
Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;316639

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP