Guitar Hero for PS2?

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I'm looking at buy a couple of my g-kids Guitar Hero for a PS2. I found packages, i.e., game plus one guitar, as well as several stand alone guitars, I need to buy an extra guitar. There seems to be both wired and wireless guitars. I don't game and am at a complete loss as to what to buy and would appreciate any advise. As for versions my preference would be for Classic 60s and early 70s but it's not for me. First, what is the best version to buy, the kids are 16 and 10 years old? What should I look for in the second guitar? Is wired or wireless better? Trouble free, reliable, is most important. Anything in particular I should be aware of or look for? Thanks in advance.

Gambini

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
Is http://ps2.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r30732.htm <--that the guitar you were looking at on the wireless side? Also, the review brings up a point about lag on a wireless controller (not that one in particular), but that can be fixed in the options in the actual game. I'd prefer wireless myself, as the battery makes it feel a little more solid. I'm not too much of a fan for really light things, because I always seem to break them :whistle:.

Also, the guitar hero games are all basically the same with just different songs, but you might want to get Guitar Hero 3 so that they don't feel so out of the loop with friends. That's just one thought about it, but I'm sure it will be enjoyed either way.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Gambini, thanks, sounds like 3 is the way to go. Given the above will probably go wired, not sure anyone could figure out settings in their house. My daughter and her kids are the people that just want to turn something on and have it work.