XP SP2 install problems...

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

My desktop PC locked up during XP SP2 install. The System
Information window shows that SP2 has been installed, but
the MS Installation Log says it failed. I can't find
where to re-install XP SP2 from - Windows Update says my
system is up-to-date.

Any thoughts on what I can do to re-install XP SP2?

Randy

"Randy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My desktop PC locked up during XP SP2 install. The System
>Information window shows that SP2 has been installed, but
>the MS Installation Log says it failed. I can't find
>where to re-install XP SP2 from - Windows Update says my
>system is up-to-date.
>
>Any thoughts on what I can do to re-install XP SP2?

Do a repair reinstallation of Windows, then retry installing the SP2.
Make sure that no other applications are running at the same time,
specially virus scanners and the like.
"How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315341)

--
(tm)