a lil help please!

hi all, i'm asking if any1 here knows y this has happened 2 my comp. i don't
really know much about computers so any help would b muchly appreciated.
anyway, when i signed into my account 2day, the whole thing jus froze and i
couldn't do anything, then i restarted th comp and it happened again, so i
restarted it again and signed in2 a different account and it seemed 2work
fine, i then signed back in2 my account and about a gazillion error msg's
came up, after i closed them all, i noticed that everything that was in my
account has dissappeared! i've got no internet explorer or any icons,
nothing! i had some really important documents and they're gone 2! wat can i
do??

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Try to boot to safe mode, log in as admin, recover and back up your files,
then do a system restore or a format and reload. Sounds like something is
messed up, but hard to tell because you did'nt give an example of a couple of
the errors.

"lil_tony001" wrote:

> hi all, i'm asking if any1 here knows y this has happened 2 my comp. i don't
> really know much about computers so any help would b muchly appreciated.
> anyway, when i signed into my account 2day, the whole thing jus froze and i
> couldn't do anything, then i restarted th comp and it happened again, so i
> restarted it again and signed in2 a different account and it seemed 2work
> fine, i then signed back in2 my account and about a gazillion error msg's
> came up, after i closed them all, i noticed that everything that was in my
> account has dissappeared! i've got no internet explorer or any icons,
> nothing! i had some really important documents and they're gone 2! wat can i
> do??

null

Tony wrote:

> Try to boot to safe mode, log in as admin, recover and back up your files,
> then do a system restore or a format and reload. Sounds like something is
> messed up, but hard to tell because you did'nt give an example of a couple of
> the errors.

If you do a format, be aware that ALL of your documents and important
files on the PC will be permanently LOST. You should backup your
important files to a backup medium (such as a CD), and test the medium
to be sure it is readable, before you format the drive.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.