History Folder

September 7, 2004 12:48:03 PM

Good Morning Everyone,

I posted this question last week in the WinXP General but I never received a
response so maybe someone here can help me....

The History folder in Win XP does not seem to retain any information on all
the websites that I have visited I was wondering where this information is
now stored?

Thank you.

More about : history folder

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 7:46:44 PM

"mazzie" <lmazzarulli@pwius.com> wrote:
>Good Morning Everyone,
>I posted this question last week in the WinXP General but I never received a
>response so maybe someone here can help me....
>The History folder in Win XP does not seem to retain any information on all
>the websites that I have visited I was wondering where this information is
>now stored?
>Thank you.

Hmmm. Not sure. There are two places in Internet Explorer I see that keeps
records. One is the down arrow of the address bar. I am not sure how much
it keeps there. I just installed SP2, and only see a couple my current
session there (I deleted history before the upgrade). The second place,
keeping thorough records, is clicking in I.E.'s "history" icon from the top
part of the window - or ctrl-H I think will get it, or somewhere in the "view"
command at the top will also get it.

I am not sure what folder this info is kept in if you tried to find it on your
hard drive, but it can be gotten from an I.E. window. Yocan also specify how
many days too keep records. Remember that I believe your records can be seen
from websites when you visit them. You can delete cookies. temp files, and
history by clicking "tools" then "Internet options" from I.E..

...D.
September 7, 2004 11:13:05 PM

if i remember correctly- i think the place where the adresses are stored are
in files called index.dat. they can be found and viewed with the following
program (with which they can also be deleted) IDSuite
(http://support.it-mate.co.uk/?mode=Home) its also freeware. hope this was of
some help.

Peter

!