Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Damn U PunkBuster - CoD4

Last response: in Video Games
December 5, 2007 3:53:15 PM

hey

Im getting kicked from all servers in CoD4 with PB.

Picture:

Tried, updating my PB, reboot, slap the monitor and reinstall.

None of the above tries worked out :S

No luck with google either.

Any1 that might have the answer to my problem?

More about : damn punkbuster cod4

December 5, 2007 5:23:24 PM

It's obvious! You ignored their queries! Either you have some firewall that blocks that or I have no idea.
December 5, 2007 5:29:51 PM

Nope also checked that option.

Besides ill been playing the last 2 weeks without any problems at all :S
Related resources
December 5, 2007 6:02:48 PM

There is a simple solution:

Play it on the 360.
December 5, 2007 7:45:26 PM

Are you running Vista?
If yes, run the game as admin.
If no, go to http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-cod4.php and update punkbuster manually.

I personally use the PBSetup found at the top which will update punkbuster for all games on your system nice and easy.
December 10, 2007 12:22:32 AM

any1 know how to fix SERVICE COMMUNICATION ERROR? it lets me play for 15sec then kicks me. i shut down all my security programs and i updated punkbuster but i still get kicked.
December 10, 2007 12:25:44 AM

Don't play on PB servers? I only ever have problems with PB.
December 10, 2007 6:52:54 AM

In the office, we needed to download punkbuster straight from their website, and manually update it, to get it to work right.

Other likely culprits have already been noted by other readers. Firewall. Privileges.
December 23, 2007 2:44:25 PM

system/pb where is this directory ? is it windows system ? or ???
November 19, 2008 12:07:33 PM

can you guys help, playing cod 4 on mac, no problem on igame servers , sgs servers keep kicking me saying my cvrate or something is not in spec, how do i get it in spec, what do i do, any solutions, i have downloaded all the latest pb and run and checked for updates?????
November 20, 2008 11:47:02 AM

punkbuster also have a very nice tech support. they were fast replying the first time, but the second reply i got from them took 2 weeks.
November 20, 2008 3:22:12 PM

Exit the game, and download and save PBSetup.exe into your games /pb directory, and run it. Add the game you wish to update PB for, and press the update button. Now do it again, until it says there are no more updates.
November 20, 2008 6:31:42 PM

quantumsheep said:

Play it on the 360.

Yay, lets dumb down his gaming experience, Poor control, less graphics! Hooray for mediocrity! :bounce: 

Not mention to exclude all the cool PC mods for COD4.
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
December 18, 2008 1:45:48 PM

I have the problem that my anti virus programs says that PB has a softwere virsu... i have done all that you guys have said but i can find the problem with pb... what kind of virus/bug has Pb from begin? Why is it kicking all the time...
December 19, 2008 2:46:53 PM

Only problem I have with PB, is some ridiculous memory leak it causes on my system, so I cant let it run as a background task if I am not playing otherwise, after about an hour or two the PB process is eating up half my available memory.
April 30, 2009 8:38:28 PM

589977,4,55379 said:

Play it on the 360.[/quotemsg XBOX SUCKS FOR FPS .............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
May 21, 2009 11:19:49 PM

septic said:
Are you running Vista?
If yes, run the game as admin.
If no, go to http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-cod4.php and update punkbuster manually.

I personally use the PBSetup found at the top which will update punkbuster for all games on your system nice and easy.

Hey, my name is nathan. I have vista and im getting kick from cod4 cus pb is kicking me from servers. how do i "run the game as admin."???
plz respond man!
May 22, 2009 3:31:15 PM

fast way= right click on game and select run as Administrator. (this will only run as admin that one time)

long way=
1: create a shortcut
2: right click go to property's
3: under shortcut tab select Advanced
4: check Run as Administrator
July 12, 2009 1:17:00 PM

search for pbsetup in your system, reinstall by wizard, add ie... call of duty 4, search for updates.
October 8, 2009 7:21:05 AM

I have found that taking STEAM offline made my PunkBuster problems go way.
October 8, 2009 7:24:20 AM

The dead have risen...
!