Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

My Dell boots up and says winlogon.exe not found. Unable to locate
sfc_os.dll was not found. Try reloading application.

What has to be done--I really don't want to reload WinXP

Byte

Have you done a Search for the file? If may have been moved on your harddrive.
It should be located at: C:\Windows\System32
If not, then: Start>Run>type CMD>press OK
At the blinking cursor type sfc /scannow (space between c and /)
Have your XP reinstallation CD ready to insert.
sfc = system file checker, it scans your harddrive for corrupt or missing
system
files and ask you if you want to replace/install them. :~)