Dual Boot Menu - Delay

Thanks to all that reply.

Thanks to Forum input, I now have a dual boot system from
2 hard drives (ME on C: drive and XP Home Ed. on D:). I
am using the Dual Boot Menu to select OS on start-up.

Now I want to change the amount of time the Dual Boot Menu
allows to choose the desired OS. Can that be done? If
so - how.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Dahlstrom wrote:
> Thanks to all that reply.
>
> Thanks to Forum input, I now have a dual boot system from
> 2 hard drives (ME on C: drive and XP Home Ed. on D:). I
> am using the Dual Boot Menu to select OS on start-up.
>
> Now I want to change the amount of time the Dual Boot Menu
> allows to choose the desired OS. Can that be done? If
> so - how.

While booted into XP right click on the My Computer icon and select
Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and click the Settings button under
Startup and Recovery. Under System startup you can specify the time to
display list of operating systems. By default this is 30 seconds,
increase or decrease as you desire.

You can also manually edit the boot.ini file. Modify the timeout=
value in the [boot loader] section.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP MCE