COD4 Bandwith Usage?

krisboro

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2007
Yes, in some countries they do. Satellite connections in the USA are capped too. They have a "fair access policy" or FAP. You get great down and up speeds, but as soon as you hit your daily bandwidth limit, you go down to 56k speeds until the next day. This is a policy the sat isp's do not advertise, but is in the small print.

Poopsmasher

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
ha ha ha! Yes, we have to buy bandwith here, its really bad caus the goverment has a monopoly on the whole thing, no compitition at all, there are three cellular companies who offer wireless internet but thats no good for gaming, obviously.

Thanks krisboro, sweet info.

Its about R150 (22 dollars, 11 pounds) for a gig here, how funny is that?

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
ha ha ha! Yes, we have to buy bandwith here, its really bad caus the goverment has a monopoly on the whole thing, no compitition at all, there are three cellular companies who offer wireless internet but thats no good for gaming, obviously.
lol @ the wireless companies. They always crack me up when I hear them on the radio. "Download files and pictures at blazing wireless broadband speeds!"

G

Yeah can you belive. We in South Africa buy caps. I have a 2 GB cap and it costs about R300. For every Extra 1 GB i want i have to pay R100.

Nathan
(Random Browser) :pt1cable: