My head hurts

I'm trying to install a 2-disc program (Adobe Creative Suite). The first disc
autoruns with no problem, then prompts for disc 2. The second disc triggers a
pop-up menu that asks what action I would like performed with this type of
program (it contains images, I think). None of the choices allows the
installation to continue.

Please could someone wiser than me suggest a way to disable this feature so
that I can finishing installing and get on with my work! I've navigated
through every program and control panel I can think of with no success.

Hellllllllllllpppppp.

Have you checked here
http://www.adobe.com/support/products/creativesuite.html

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 12:39:05 -0700, KLR wrote:

> I'm trying to install a 2-disc program (Adobe Creative Suite). The first disc
> autoruns with no problem, then prompts for disc 2. The second disc triggers a
> pop-up menu that asks what action I would like performed with this type of
> program (it contains images, I think). None of the choices allows the
> installation to continue.
>
> Please could someone wiser than me suggest a way to disable this feature so
> that I can finishing installing and get on with my work! I've navigated
> through every program and control panel I can think of with no success.
>
> Hellllllllllllpppppp.

Try holding the shift key down while inserting the second CD. Do not
release Shift until the initial spinning and reading of the new disk are
complete. After the drive's light stops blinking, wait about 10 seconds
more and then release the key. This will bypass autostart but if you don't
hold shift long enough, Autoplay will appear anyhow.

OR

Install TweakUI for XP. Among other things, you can disable autoplay on the
drive in question. Run your installation. Then if you prefer autoplay on,
Power toys for XP. A link for downloading can be found here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/default.mspx

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User