upgraded to XP, can't get online now

raj

Distinguished
May 2, 2004

I just upgraded to windows xp, home edition from win ME.
But now I can't go online. When I try to go online, I get
an error message saying that my modem is busy and that
another program is using the modem. Well I don't have
anything open... PLEASE HELP

"Raj" <rajugurung@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I just upgraded to windows xp, home edition from win ME.
>But now I can't go online. When I try to go online, I get
>an error message saying that my modem is busy and that
>another program is using the modem. Well I don't have
>anything open... PLEASE HELP

Deinstall Windows XP and create a parallel installation with Windows
ME. If the problem is solved here, reinstall your applications in
Windows XP (You can continue to use Windows ME until you are done).
Then delete Windows ME from the HDD.

--
(tm)