Help! XP Problem!

Krypt

Distinguished
May 11, 2003
Before you read this, know that I dont know a lot about computers, so any kind of assistment will be helpfull. I have XP Home, and the last few days my pc has been screwed up, and last night it wouldn't even let me sign in, saying that the user setup cannot be loaded. So, I put the restore disk in, and it gave me an option of full install, or upgrade, and upgrade let me keep my files, so I choose that. Well, with about 13 min left on the installation it came up with an error "unregmp2.exe-Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link libary MSDART.DLL" When I try to just hit ok, it just keeps refreshing. WHen I restart, it just restarts the installation, and errors again. CAn somebody help me get my computer back up again. I dont really care about the files on it, so a fresh start is no problem. Thanks for the help
-Cody

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
What PF said. What you were ding the first time was upgrading your current os to the new one. The problem is if the original os is screwed up, the upgrade won't work, or will have problems.
This won't help now, but always remove any data you canot lose-games, letters...before an upgrade or-best option-fresh install.

i also meant to say, if you can fdisk the hard drive, do it. it will erase all the info on the drive and you can start the full install fresh. that is if you dont mind losing all the info on the drive.

"This Steel ain't stainless, Your bloodstains are all over this steel."
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Messianic Maniac.}=-</A>
<font color=green>{FLM}</font color=green>

mrmonsoon

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2004
If he loaded the disk and when it came time, distroyed the partion, created a new from the disk, formatted and loaded the os, this should work. The reason I like doing that is no size limits on partions-depending on the size of the hd.