anyone an idea when granite bay mobos are for sale

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
A week or two, but that's strictly a conjecture on my part. Best thing to do is to do a search on priceWatch.com and PriceGrabber.com periodically. We may think that a processor is coming in a couple of weeks, then you find the next day that the processor is in stock at newEgg. Remember when most thought that the XP 2800+ wouldn't be available til next month or Jan 2003? It's available now at newEgg.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
thank you, i'm thinking of building a new sytem but imo it's best to wait for granite bay, i also want a hisg end graphics card and NV30 should be realeased this months so i wanna see what thats about 2

Remember the time You used 20Mb harddrives

wschuerm

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2002
thank you, i'm thinking of building a new sytem but imo it's best to wait for granite bay, i also want a hisg end graphics card and NV30 should be realeased this months so i wanna see what thats about 2

Remember the time You used 20Mb harddrives

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I guess I'm dumb, but what the hell is granite bay????

I've been out of the loop for a little while now.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks."

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
what the hell is granite bay????
The Pentium4 Northwoods reach their full potential when they have the high memory bandwidth provided by Intel's Granite Bay chipset. Granite Bay can achieve this high bandwidth because of its' dual-channel DDR memory controller. To take advantage of the dual-channel DDR memory controller you need to populate the 1st memory bank and the 2nd memory bank of the particular motherboard equipped with the Granite Bay chipset. Motherboards with Dual-channel DDR chipsets from SiS and VIA, as opposed to intel's granite bay, should become available shortly after granite bay motherboards arrive.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>