Gametrailers blank videos

Sir Arun

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I uninstalled DivX and its codecs yesterday (because I don't need the player) and ever since I cannot watch videos on gametrailers.com. Just a blank screen shows up where the video is supposed to be. This happens to both HD and SD videos. I tried reinstalling DivX, but that didn't help. I downloaded the latest Ad-block Plus, Adobe Acrobat (9.3.3.177), Shockwave Flash (10.0.32.18), Quicktime Plugin (7.6.6) and the Microsoft Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin (1.0.0.8). I'm using Firefox 3.6 at the moment, but this problem also occurs on IE. Please help!

xd.jpg

Solution

Yeah you only need to subscribe to easylist us.

Sir Arun

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I uninstalled it using revouninstaller, then restarted and then reinstalled it, then restarted the computer again and the problem still persisted.

I then decided to delete a subscription list from Ad Block Plus and that seemed to solve the problem. Ad Block Plus was causing the trouble.

Now the videos appear on gametrailers, but when I click play, there is a green background flickering. Like the whole flash window turns green one second, and next second, the video is playing etc.

Sir Arun

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Since I cannot edit my posts, this is rightfully a double post.

I just installed an older version of the flash player (10.0.32.18) and the green glitching is gone now. Everything works again w00t. ^^

Yeah you only need to subscribe to easylist us.

Solution