Remote Assistance

Every time I click on "Send Invitation" for remote
assistance in Windows XP the same message keeps on coming
up saying "A program could not start. Please try Again"
This is with OE and IE running complete with a broadband
connection.
Any help would be appreciated

XYS
3 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance

    Is the "remote desktop help session manager" service
    started?

    If you are sending an invitation over the internet, the
    person you are sending the invitation to also has to be
    on the internet as well, and also has to be running
    Windows XP.

    Hope this helps,

    Lynda

    Hi Lynda:
    Thanks for your reply - But I believe that "Remote
    Desktop" and "Remote Assistance are two seperate programs.
    Proof me wrong - also to allow remote assistance to work
    it must be checked off in the Control Panel/System/Remote
    menu - and it is

    XYS

    Hello,

    Yes, you are correct on the Remote Desktop and Remote
    Assistance. Remote Desktop allows someone to log directly
    on to your PC without your assistance or authorization
    while you are logged off.

    Remote assistance allows someone to log on to your
    desktop and view what you are seeing and take control of
    the desktop if you allow it.

    I have never run across the error you are getting so the
    only things I could think of that may be the issue is the
    service I mentioned which is for controlling remote
    assistance, and also the fact that the user you are
    sending the invitation to must also be running Windows XP.

    Good luck!

    Lynda

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP