Remote Assistance

September 8, 2004 3:31:28 PM

Every time I click on "Send Invitation" for remote
assistance in Windows XP the same message keeps on coming
up saying "A program could not start. Please try Again"
This is with OE and IE running complete with a broadband
connection.
Any help would be appreciated

XYS

More about : remote assistance

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 4:40:16 PM

Is the "remote desktop help session manager" service
started?

If you are sending an invitation over the internet, the
person you are sending the invitation to also has to be
on the internet as well, and also has to be running
Windows XP.

Hope this helps,

Lynda

Anonymous
September 8, 2004 8:01:06 PM

Hi Lynda:
Thanks for your reply - But I believe that "Remote
Desktop" and "Remote Assistance are two seperate programs.
Proof me wrong - also to allow remote assistance to work
it must be checked off in the Control Panel/System/Remote
menu - and it is

XYS

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 10:52:37 AM

Hello,

Yes, you are correct on the Remote Desktop and Remote
Assistance. Remote Desktop allows someone to log directly
on to your PC without your assistance or authorization
while you are logged off.

Remote assistance allows someone to log on to your
desktop and view what you are seeing and take control of
the desktop if you allow it.

I have never run across the error you are getting so the
only things I could think of that may be the issue is the
service I mentioned which is for controlling remote
assistance, and also the fact that the user you are
sending the invitation to must also be running Windows XP.

Good luck!

Lynda

!