Call of Duty 4: 360 vs. PC matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazymage

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Are they possible? I'm going to get CoD for my computer over break and I'm wanting to figure out if I'll be able to play against my roommate who has it on his 360, thanks

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Microsoft requires PC users to have Xbox live accounts to play with non Xbox players. They also require quite a few hoops for the developers to jump through, of which Activision did not.

In other words, no.

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Tho there's probably a way to chip your xbox360 so that it can run windows and therefore cod 4. Although that will mean you can never use xboxlive again, I don't have one but I had mates at school that chipped their original xbox so feasibly possible.

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
i thought microsoft said thewy would make it so pc's can play against xbox?
That would give them such an edge over the competition.

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007

They did.

The service is called "Windows live". excuse me, 'Windows-LIVE".

Shadowrun, for example allows for Xbox vs PC competition.

As far as I know, no publisher other than Microsoft has made games, or made plans for games for Windows-LIVE.

Windows-LIVE requires a paid subscription to play cross platform.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
If they made COD4 able to play VS PC, they would have to dumb down the controls, i.e. the mouse would go the way of the Halo cross hair and aiming, to make it "fair" for the thumb controllers. If you want to play vs. 360, get a 360. LIVE for 360, good, LIVE for PC's very bad. Does not allow for mods and server tweaks unless approved by Microsoft.

g4kioN1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009

You do not need to have a paid subscription to play cross platform with pc, even then you get a free month live trial with every live pc game

i play shadowrun quite often one of my most favorite games. what i like most about it though is that i can play with my xbox friends over pc

if they "dumb down" the controls it would only make it more realistic. shadowrun uses movement vs crouching to help aiming and recoil same with fire rate, honestly it would be only fair.

I actually have a friend who can play me in halo2 on pc with a gamepad and destroy me.

nothing the less he use to be a halo 3 pro.

raj072

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
When playing online there is no reason that a PC can't play Xbox. packets are packets so it does not matter if its from a PC or xbox. One can be in high rez the other can be in low. The server does all the interpetation. So its a server side mod that needs to be done to interconnect them. Then a small patch for access on the gamers side.

G

So im confused........ can I play with my buddy who has a pc and I an xbox, or not? Lots of technical stuff and no clear awnser. To all of you computer/tech smart people- help this ignorant lout out. A yes or no if you please. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.