Sign in with
Your question

Which game has the best chance of winning GOTY and why?

Last response: in Video Games

Which game as a greater chance of winning GOTY and why?

Total: 24 votes (1 blank vote)

• Call of Duty 4
  • 66 %
  • Crysis
  • 18 %
  • Bioshock
  • 18 %
December 9, 2007 11:59:00 PM

What do you guys and gals think?
December 10, 2007 12:08:36 AM

Call of Duty 4. Because it rocks. There;s dozens of threads here as to why the game is amazing, just browse those if you need a really in depth explanation.
December 10, 2007 12:28:29 AM

Tough call between BioShock and Call of Duty 4. I gave both a 9.5 in my reviews. Great games. I guess I'm leaning a little bit toward CoD4.

Personally, Crysis doesn't even crack my top 5. But hey, that's just me.
Related resources
December 10, 2007 12:37:57 AM

Interestingly enough, some of the award shows are treating the entire orange box as a product, for GOTY voting.

Also, three FPS's? Was everything else out there that weak?
December 10, 2007 3:16:24 AM

This has been a pretty solid year for gaming in general, my heart tells me COD4 is the common vote, my personal choice wasn't listed and thats team fortress 2 / Orange box. For level design i would have to give portal a standing ovation. It was challenging,fun and a great added value to the package.
December 10, 2007 3:50:57 AM

I'm going with Crysis for 2 reasons:

First, let's not kid ourselves. Crysis has brought a whole new level in gaming graphics and this alone should make it a very strong candidate.

Second, the hype. Being the most anticipated game for quite a while now have given Crysis a huge reputation, and when you're looking at benchmarks the one benchmark people want to see is Crysis. When you look at graphic cards reviews all people care about is Crysis.

The problem with Crysis is the multiplayer options. Very limited, and without a permanent rank ladder people will feel no real progress and no encouragement to play, which may start to bore and tire most of us.

In the other hand, I think CoD4 has the potential to go head to head with Crysis for one reason only: older CoD fans. If CoD was a brand new game it wouldn't have attract so much attention because to me it feels the same as the previous CoD games. Better graphics only.

BioShock is out of the question. While fun for SP, theres not much this game can offer.
December 10, 2007 10:14:22 AM

Great points from Pollux above.
If Crysis had ran better on pc's without breaking the bank we'd have seen a whole lot more people playing the multiplayer on it.
As such COD4 is very scalable much like BF2 which means more ppl can play it on line and have a much better experience.
As for Bioshock, good game the first time around but after that the replay value is nil. Definitely not GOTY.
December 10, 2007 10:30:31 AM

I loved crysis, but ultimately disappointed, the lack of (finished) multiplayer really sucks, and the big frakin bugs, if you had the demo/beta installed then uninstalled them after installing crysis retail, your cdkey (or that part of the registry) gets wiped, so you gotta find this file and put your cd key back in to play multiplayer. Quick save/load, wtf happened there, so many bugs it produces, should've been sorted a long time ago.

The multiplayer has alot of potential, can't wait to play MechWarrior: Living Legends on the CryEngine.

Bioshock, I can barely remember, but I do remember thinking it was pure awesome every step I took, but I do not feel the need to go back and replay it.
December 10, 2007 10:57:15 AM

BioShock won?

Anyone see that one coming?
December 16, 2007 2:04:26 AM

Call of Duty-No doubt about it.
December 16, 2007 3:11:14 AM

Bioshock, game of the year?!?!?!?!? Yeah its kinda fun and different but not that much! It is a pretty good game, but no way GOTY with Crysis and COD4 on the table. I love Crysis, but I think COD4 has the edge. All around just a better game especially when it comes to fun. If we had GPU's to max out Crysis then it probably could beat out COD4, but we don't.
December 16, 2007 9:30:46 PM

Insufficient options. Other games more deserving to be in that list than Crysis are as follows.
Halo 3
Mass Effect
Portal
Assassin's Creed
Desktop Tower Defense 1.5

Given a full list ... I'm leaning toward Mass Effect, but Bioshock and Portal are very high on my list.
December 17, 2007 4:40:22 PM

CoD4, the game induces severe neck strain from the the total immersion.
Sets the new standard for this type of game. Too short though I thought. Bring on the expansions!
December 17, 2007 4:44:59 PM

Portal.
December 17, 2007 4:52:13 PM

I'd have to say COD4.

While the single player was a little short, it was, without a doubt, the most kickass single player campaign I've played in a while. There isn't much replay value to the single player (you can re-do it with cheats etc.), but that's where the multilayer comes in with plenty of ranks, challenges, and unlockables.

Next would be a Crysis / Bioshock tie.

Bioshock was a very unique experience. The game had a fantastic story-line and you actually cared to learn about the characters. (Unlike some other games where a main character dies and you hardly give a damn - probably can't remember their name either. :p ) After you finish the campaign once through - that's it. You probably won't play it much after that.

Crysis had very innovative graphics and interactive (semi-destructible) environments. The campaign is so-so, not the best, but not the worst. You can kinda see how much more time was spent on making the game look good, rather than on the gameplay it self. Again, not a bad game, but certainly not the greatest. The "sandbox" design is much more free than Bioshock - so replaying a level can result in a different experience each time, so that's a plus. Multi player... eh, I really dislike it. Having no permanent rank / class selection makes the game a bit repetitive and tedious. (Buy weapons, vehicle, ammo, etc after each death.) :/ 
December 17, 2007 11:04:55 PM

#1 Bioshock -- simply because it's so bloody original and fun to play.

#2 Crysis -- anything that pushes the envolope as much as this game has deserves recognition.

#3 COD4 -- as great as it is, has been done many times over. Awesome storyline, great multiplayer, but hardly revolutionary or original.
December 18, 2007 1:48:07 AM

I chose Crysis, but just because nothing else really deserves it. Bioshock gets boring, and COD4 doesnt wow me. NEED. BIGGER. LIST!
!