Sign in with
Your question

I need to choose a good mouse...........

Last response: in Video Games

Which one would you pick?

Total: 23 votes (2 blank votes)

• The logitech
  • 62 %
  • The microsoft
  • 0 %
  • Other
  • 39 %
December 10, 2007 4:35:38 PM

Ok,

I will be doing some gaming and normal stuff with the mouse. I can't accept any lag. And I don't really want to put out over $30 on a mouse. Which one should I get?

this one?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16826105169

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104192

Is it worth putting out $50-$70 on a mouse?

If you vote OTHER please specify.

Thanks!

More about : choose good mouse

December 10, 2007 5:27:39 PM

I don't recommend Wireless mouses if you're a gamer...because batteries need recharge and its a pain.
December 10, 2007 5:28:33 PM

Quote:
the best mouse to get is the

Razer Lachesis

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php [...] ucts_id=72

Well yeah but it cost $79.99 bones. And I ain't gonna spend over $50 on a mouse. :( 
Related resources
December 10, 2007 5:45:31 PM

Wireless? I would skip it at that price range.

Fits hands? Right number of buttons in the right places?

What games, and what style?

Maybe Tom's Games is due for a mouse roundup. See if those expensive mice and controllers actually improve the k/d ratio.
December 10, 2007 5:56:13 PM

I like RaZer mice, something like the diamondback.
December 10, 2007 6:05:49 PM

Agree with above on the wireless comment. If your price range is $50 or below, in my humble opinion, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178 is one of if not the best I have used.

I have used the microsoft one and haven't used that specific logitech you listed but I really like my MX518 for a good gaming mouse that to me is comfortable, responsive and relatively inexpensive.

If you absolutely must have a wireless you would probably be best served spending more money than intended. I personally do not care for most of the higher end ( >$50) logitech mice due to side button placement, shape and the "new" wheel they put on them. Feel of a gaming mouse means a lot to me and the more expensive ones feel awkward in my fairly large hands and buttons feel out of place or often too skinny and hard to tap quick. I hate the new wheel they put on their top mice now. Some might disagree but imo terrible feel in fast-paced FPSs.

Take all that as you will it is just one person's opinion based on my own experience. Happy Gaming !
December 10, 2007 6:26:43 PM

I suggest the Logitech G5. It is a great high quality mouse. Easy adjustible DPI and the weight cartridge is an awesome option for customobility. I have been using one for over a year now and i am very happy. Plus the logitech customer service is great. I accidentally shorted my G5 out and they replaced it free of charge.
December 10, 2007 7:37:38 PM

I third the wireless comment - they are overrated... Get the top quality wired mouse you can afford, I have a Logitech G5 and it works for me.
December 10, 2007 7:53:27 PM

The best mice are with no dought Logitech, im using a Logitech MX518 Gamming grade for nearly 2 years now and is awsome, you can even ajust the sensibility in game with two buttons, very usefull if in a game you have to drive cars, walk and many others vehicles as each vehicle needs is own mice speed. see the review

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8650 @ 3Ghz
Graphic Card: GeForce 7950GT
Motherboard: EVGA 680i SLI
HDD: Wester Digital Raptor 74Gb 10.000Rpm
Ram: 2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700-LED Super Aero Flower
Sound: Creative Xfi Elite Pro
PSU: Enermax 600w
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf
Monitor: 22" Asus Widescreen

Have a look at my Blog about games, hardware and computing!
December 10, 2007 10:42:05 PM

I <3 my Logitech MX518 as well! I have had it and abused it for a couple years now with no problems what so ever!

Like stated before, the ability to adjust the sensitivity on the fly is great and I use it a lot! Like in BF 2 when I get in a chopper to fly I crank it all the way up real fast and can turn it back down when I go back to ground pounding.
December 14, 2007 8:24:52 PM

I don't care what the mouse is. I just want it to have a poop-load of buttons.
December 15, 2007 9:30:41 PM

Oh well......

Thanks anyways!
December 17, 2007 1:23:27 PM

i got the 2007 Logitech G5
and its great

also the MX Relovution

both a great for gaming
the G5 offers more DPI but the MX more buttons :p 
its all up to you
the possibility to change DPI is jsut a gimick
you cant use it much in game play

good luck buying ;) 
December 17, 2007 1:42:57 PM

Wireless is a nightmare. The batteries just start to piss you off once they die in a critical situation. (Someone pops around a corner to shoot you, but you click first... nothing happens. GOD D&#%IT. :p )

Quote:
the best mouse to get is the

Razer Lachesis

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php [...] ucts_id=72
I've got one on order (blue, of course, to match my Antec 900 lights. :D ) I'll post my comments once it arrives.

You could try with one of the older Razers - they are still very good mice. I don't think you could go wrong with Logitech either, they know what they are doing when it comes to controllers.

December 17, 2007 5:44:52 PM

Quote:
I'll post my comments once it arrives

Please do
December 18, 2007 12:48:51 PM

The first time I order from Tigerdirect will probably be my last. :/  When I placed the order (12/10/07) they had the blue Lachesis in stock... now it's telling me the product is no longer available and my mouse is back ordered with no date.
December 19, 2007 10:26:28 PM

the logitech G3 is a good one for cheap - if your in canada, wait for boxing day sale - the 7dollar g5 will sell for around 20, the microsoft/razr habu wil sell for around 30, also gamin mousepads are important so pick up an ideazon fragmat or something else

shop around buddy
December 20, 2007 11:07:28 AM

I agree with the others on getting the G5, I made a $90 mistake and got the G9.
!