I need to choose a good mouse...........

Which one would you pick?

• The logitech

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • The microsoft

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Wireless? I would skip it at that price range.

Fits hands? Right number of buttons in the right places?

What games, and what style?

Maybe Tom's Games is due for a mouse roundup. See if those expensive mice and controllers actually improve the k/d ratio.

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Agree with above on the wireless comment. If your price range is $50 or below, in my humble opinion, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178 is one of if not the best I have used.

I have used the microsoft one and haven't used that specific logitech you listed but I really like my MX518 for a good gaming mouse that to me is comfortable, responsive and relatively inexpensive.

If you absolutely must have a wireless you would probably be best served spending more money than intended. I personally do not care for most of the higher end ( >$50) logitech mice due to side button placement, shape and the "new" wheel they put on them. Feel of a gaming mouse means a lot to me and the more expensive ones feel awkward in my fairly large hands and buttons feel out of place or often too skinny and hard to tap quick. I hate the new wheel they put on their top mice now. Some might disagree but imo terrible feel in fast-paced FPSs.

Take all that as you will it is just one person's opinion based on my own experience. Happy Gaming !

Duffmanrc

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
I suggest the Logitech G5. It is a great high quality mouse. Easy adjustible DPI and the weight cartridge is an awesome option for customobility. I have been using one for over a year now and i am very happy. Plus the logitech customer service is great. I accidentally shorted my G5 out and they replaced it free of charge.

Octagonz

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
The best mice are with no dought Logitech, im using a Logitech MX518 Gamming grade for nearly 2 years now and is awsome, you can even ajust the sensibility in game with two buttons, very usefull if in a game you have to drive cars, walk and many others vehicles as each vehicle needs is own mice speed. see the review

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8650 @ 3Ghz
Graphic Card: GeForce 7950GT
Motherboard: EVGA 680i SLI
HDD: Wester Digital Raptor 74Gb 10.000Rpm
Ram: 2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700-LED Super Aero Flower
Sound: Creative Xfi Elite Pro
PSU: Enermax 600w
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf
Monitor: 22" Asus Widescreen

Have a look at my Blog about games, hardware and computing!

acucrack

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
I <3 my Logitech MX518 as well! I have had it and abused it for a couple years now with no problems what so ever!

Like stated before, the ability to adjust the sensitivity on the fly is great and I use it a lot! Like in BF 2 when I get in a chopper to fly I crank it all the way up real fast and can turn it back down when I go back to ground pounding.

ph3r0c1ty

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
i got the 2007 Logitech G5
and its great

also the MX Relovution

both a great for gaming
the G5 offers more DPI but the MX more buttons :p
its all up to you
the possibility to change DPI is jsut a gimick
you cant use it much in game play

good luck buying ;)

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Wireless is a nightmare. The batteries just start to piss you off once they die in a critical situation. (Someone pops around a corner to shoot you, but you click first... nothing happens. GOD D&#%IT. :p)

the best mouse to get is the

Razer Lachesis

http://www.razerzone.com/index.php [...] ucts_id=72
I've got one on order (blue, of course, to match my Antec 900 lights. :D) I'll post my comments once it arrives.

You could try with one of the older Razers - they are still very good mice. I don't think you could go wrong with Logitech either, they know what they are doing when it comes to controllers.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
The first time I order from Tigerdirect will probably be my last. :/ When I placed the order (12/10/07) they had the blue Lachesis in stock... now it's telling me the product is no longer available and my mouse is back ordered with no date.

kugelfang

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2007
the logitech G3 is a good one for cheap - if your in canada, wait for boxing day sale - the 7dollar g5 will sell for around 20, the microsoft/razr habu wil sell for around 30, also gamin mousepads are important so pick up an ideazon fragmat or something else

shop around buddy

TRENDING THREADS