Windows XP glitch

Does anyone know if Windows XP Professional affects the
signal to a cable modem. I recently installed Windows XP
porfessional and I previously had windows Millenium.
Since installing windows XP, my cable modem signal fails
after being on the internet for approx 20 minutes. I
initially thought that it was a problem with the modem
until i recently picked up a new modem. If I do not get
one the internet for a period of 8-10 hours, the cable
signal returns, but the cycle repeats itself after being
on the internet for approx 20 minutes. Help me please.

Thanks

Hi Tyson,

No, WinXP doesn't cause that. What might cause it is a network card driver
that is not supported under WinXP. You may need to install an updated one.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone