• Soldier of Fortune III
  • 2 %
  • Unreal Tournament (Single Player)
  • 5 %
  • Crysis
  • 26 %
December 11, 2007 2:24:11 PM

Hey guys,

Time to choose your top 3 favorite PC Shooters of 2007.

I welcome you to comment on your top choices and perhaps grading this game out of 10. It would also be fun to have the guys at Tomshardware give their opinion as well...Rob, Ryan and Travis?

Let the poll begin!!!

****************** Q/A Section ***************

Q: Where's Bioshock? And where's Quake Wars?

A: I excluded Bioshock as I wanted to see which would win other than the already chosen GOTY. As for Quake Wars, it got excluded as there is no Single Player mode available...technically.

Nota: The poll results will be available January 1st, 2008!

More about : rate shooter 2007

December 11, 2007 2:42:33 PM

I only selected 2 because it's the only 2 i've played all year (i've played demos of ut3, timeshift and cod4), but crysis and episode 2 are the only ones i've bought and would say they're good. Portal was awesome but I guess it's not a shooter (although you've put "orange box" so I guess that includes it and TF2?)
December 11, 2007 2:50:47 PM

I vote for Crysis, COD4, and Orange Box. Despite a generic 1st half, Crysis really turns things up a notch by the end of the game and becomes one of the most incredible experiences in gaming. Call of Duty 4 is one of the most impressive and immersive titles to date. Orange Box has not only incredible value, but comes packaged with Episode 2, which in my opinion is one of the most polished shooters EVER! (with the exception of the rather long antlion hive sequence.)
Related resources
December 11, 2007 4:56:30 PM

I'd go with CoD4 and Crysis and HL2:Ep2, although I do want to give Jericho a run through (Ryan wrote our review of it). I was a big fan of Undying.

What, no BioShock love?
December 11, 2007 5:36:13 PM

This poll system is very stupid, how do you supose to see the results after you vote, when you can only click on one of the buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try AJAX poll maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 11, 2007 5:53:54 PM

you can click on mutliple buttons.. take some ritalin man.

I second that, totally forgot about Bioshock, which would def. have been my third choice.
December 11, 2007 7:21:27 PM

Wtf where is quake wars?
December 11, 2007 7:25:43 PM

Quote:
This poll system is very stupid, how do you supose to see the results after you vote, when you can only click on one of the buttons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Try AJAX poll maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take a deep breath and count to ten.

I'd say in order of importance to me: CoD4, Crysis, w/ Bioshock & HL:2 tied.

Call of Duty just has their infantry controls down. I don't think I've played a game with more responsive and intuitive controls.

Crysis came in second because I got tired of shooting KPC in their face / jaw and watching their helmet fly off... Other than that, it's decent.

HL:2 is a fire from the hip type game - Not much too it. Bioshock is a little more involved, but I'm not sure I consider the plasmids / adam in the FPS category. I almost rank this in with Oblivion.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed each game. :D 
December 11, 2007 10:02:58 PM

i voted for crysis orange and cod4
December 11, 2007 10:55:53 PM

Jericho. Its a very underrated game and totally gets my vote. IDK why it got such bad reviews. That part where the ladder is supposed to be hard to find took my like 2 seconds! Geez people...
December 12, 2007 1:12:25 AM

Sorry about before!!
I think the best shooter is Crysis and second is Bioshock, i played both and really enjoied, i didn'd play COD 4 but actually it was the best shooter of the year and bioshock the best game of the year acording to Video Games Awards you cen see here the full list of all awards.

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8650 @ 3Ghz
Graphic Card: GeForce 7950GT
Motherboard: EVGA 680i SLI
HDD: Wester Digital Raptor 74Gb 10.000Rpm
Ram: 2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700-LED Super Aero Flower
Sound: Creative Xfi Elite Pro
PSU: Enermax 600w
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf
Monitor: 22" Asus Widescreen
December 12, 2007 1:15:25 AM

Sorry about before!!
I think the best shooter is Crysis and second is Bioshock, i played both and really enjoied, i didn'd play COD 4 but actually it was the best shooter of the year and bioshock the best game of the year acording to Video Games Awards you can see here http://www.hardwarephile.com/ the full list of all awards.

CPU: Intel Core Duo E8650 @ 3Ghz
Graphic Card: GeForce 7950GT
Motherboard: EVGA 680i SLI
HDD: Wester Digital Raptor 74Gb 10.000Rpm
Ram: 2Gb Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 PC2-6400 (800)
Cooler: Zalman CNPS9700-LED Super Aero Flower
Sound: Creative Xfi Elite Pro
PSU: Enermax 600w
Case: Thermaltake Kandalf
Monitor: 22" Asus Widescreen
December 14, 2007 1:29:51 AM

Since there is a lot of performance issues in a lot of new games, i decided to vote for cod4.
December 14, 2007 2:25:12 PM

I figured I'd post my choices.

#1 - Crysis (Awesome visuals and non-lineare gaming hits my sweet spot!)
#2 - COD4 (Very Intense is an understatement for its single player game mode.)
#3 - Jericho (Original, gory, team based action, ... brilliant!)

I have yet to play most of the games from the list.

Post your vote before 2008!
December 15, 2007 7:55:05 AM

COD4 got my vote
December 16, 2007 12:04:33 AM

so where is bioshock?
December 16, 2007 2:01:09 AM

Easily Call of Duty 4. Such a gripping and fun campaign, and muliplayer ROCKS!!!!!!! :-)
December 16, 2007 12:46:10 PM

What's up including UT3 SP? its a joke really, no seriously. That disappointed me more than any game I've ever played. The MP which is the exact same thing against other people is great but again Single Player?
December 16, 2007 2:16:47 PM

I haven't tried UT3 Single Player...is it really that bad? lol
December 16, 2007 9:26:12 PM

HL2 Ep2? Why not Portal? I would definitely pick portal, and then Bioshock.... too bad neither are listed.
December 17, 2007 12:45:15 AM

I voted for Crysis, beautiful game, I thoroughly enjoyed it. CoD4 is really good as well, but I think I liked Crysis better. As for HL2:ep2, personally, I don't think it was as good as HL2 or HL2:ep1, but even still, it was good.
December 17, 2007 1:25:43 AM

BioShock
Crysis
Quake Wars

In that order...
December 19, 2007 6:05:20 PM

The GOTY this year was Bioshock.

Given our current results, it is obvious that this forum's top 3 choices are:

1st Place: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2nd Place: Crysis

3rd: Orange Box: Half-Life 2: Episode 2 + Bonuses

Polls aren't over yet, these are subject to change.
December 19, 2007 6:11:32 PM

Quote:
0.0 % 0 vote 5. Black Site Area 51

Guess I know what not to buy. :)  *edit* If UT3 single player was terrible, but still got three votes... then how bad was Black Site Area 51... haha.

Quote:
The GOTY this year was Bioshock.

Given our current results, it is obvious that this forum's top 3 choices are:

1st Place: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

2nd Place: Crysis

3rd: Orange Box: Half-Life 2: Episode 2 + Bonuses

Polls aren't over yet, these are subject to change.
I bet Bioshock would've been in the top 3 or 4 if it was posted on the polls. I do agree with CoD4 being on the top though.

December 19, 2007 10:33:09 PM

CS SOURCE BABY

tell me what real complaints do people have of source? other than "its shallow and has no base" - no **** sherlock, its killing - killing games arent much deep (bioshock and half-life being exceptions)

but seriously, crysis rocked the boat hard - i love the nanosuit idea
December 22, 2007 8:02:48 PM

Well Bioshock in my opinion had pretty awful Enemy AI and terrible weapons, but even so it would still be my Shooter of the year. Bioshock was just so much fun to play and the game environments were awesome, with well thought out levels. The game play was original and it didn't get tedious like some other shooting games. In graphic terms Bioshock is stunning!

December 23, 2007 1:01:19 AM

The best of 2007, hands down COD4. Does everything right... from single player to mutliplayer.

Crysis is pretty, but BORING. I'm not alone, the game has BOMBED in terms of unit sales.

Quakewars is just plain aweful... biggest let down of the year.

what's with the multiple voting, step-up and pick the BEST (1 vote).

Octagonz - You've got to play COD4, you're in for a real treat :love: 

Edit: Just saw the top of the poll... "pick best three"... which differs from the thread name " Rate your best PC Shooter 2007". I stand by my one vote. :lol: 

December 23, 2007 3:33:43 AM

I can't believe BioShock won...

Anywho my vote is for Call of Duty 4. Followed by Half-Life 2: Episode 2 and than World in Conflict.

December 23, 2007 1:06:27 PM

Call of Duty 4 is hands down the best game of the year, while I think that Crysis is the biggest disappointment of the year, thats just my opinion. I mean there was so much hype that surrounded Crysis, but i believe that it lacked true innovation when it comes to gameplay. While the graphics look steller, the game play completely fell short.
December 24, 2007 5:39:47 PM

amk21 said:
Call of Duty 4 is hands down the best game of the year, while I think that Crysis is the biggest disappointment of the year, thats just my opinion. I mean there was so much hype that surrounded Crysis, but i believe that it lacked true innovation when it comes to gameplay. While the graphics look steller, the game play completely fell short.

I second that.
December 24, 2007 5:40:34 PM

Twisted_Sister said:
The best of 2007, hands down COD4. Does everything right... from single player to mutliplayer.

Crysis is pretty, but BORING. I'm not alone, the game has BOMBED in terms of unit sales.

Quakewars is just plain aweful... biggest let down of the year.

what's with the multiple voting, step-up and pick the BEST (1 vote).

Octagonz - You've got to play COD4, you're in for a real treat :love: 

Edit: Just saw the top of the poll... "pick best three"... which differs from the thread name " Rate your best PC Shooter 2007". I stand by my one vote. :lol: 

and that....
December 26, 2007 7:58:51 AM

I wouldn't even put Soldier of Fortune: PayBack aka sof3 on there, thats not even a PC game, its a direct port from console.
Anyone who likes that game should have them selfs committed.

The only way that game should be on any list is if its about biggest flop of the year.

December 27, 2007 12:03:47 AM

I voted Crysis, it is sweet. BUT, COD4 is a VERY close 2nd.
January 2, 2008 2:52:25 PM

Thanks everyone for participating.

We clearly see that COD 4 took the lead making it number 1 with 57 votes. Crysis took second place with 36 votes and then Half-life 2-etc took 3rd place with a close 32 votes.

The worst was Black Site with 0 votes...ouch!
!