User name icons in welcome screen not appearing

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

When I start windows xp home edition everything loads
correct until I get to the welcome screen. The user name
icons don't show up anymore so I can't get to my
desktop. Everything else on the welcome screen shows up
normally. Do I have a virus? Can I bypass the welcome
screen? What do I do to solve the problem? Thank you.

Shutdown computer,on starting imediatly tap the F8 key,select safe-
mode with networking,enter as ADM.On desktop,go to run,type:cmd
In cmd type:Sfc /Scannow When the graph starts,install xp cd,exit
the info page.You can/could also open a new user account,if all opens
and runs ok,the other account is corrupt,delete the account.

"Jason" wrote:

> When I start windows xp home edition everything loads
> correct until I get to the welcome screen. The user name
> icons don't show up anymore so I can't get to my
> desktop. Everything else on the welcome screen shows up
> normally. Do I have a virus? Can I bypass the welcome
> screen? What do I do to solve the problem? Thank you.

Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

I attempted to enter in safe mode but the same welcome
screen came up (still with no user icons) and I couldn't
figure out how to enter as ADM. How do I enter as
admin? I'm a home user and never created any passwords
or an ADM account. Can you provide a little more
direction? Thank you.