Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Lost CD Writing Wizard and Write to CD in file and folders

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 8:41:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Can anyone help. I use computer for digital photographs. Until recently I
used to write the photos from my pictures using file and folder tasks
directing to the CD or by right clicking oon the folder. the CD wizard used
to appear.

The option of write these files to CD has disappeared and when right click
on the folder lthe CD drive no longer appears. When I try copy to CD drive it
shows an error message. I can however play CDS and I can Burn using other
software but this takes longer.

I use windows XP home edition can anyone help. System restore hasnt worked
--
Lesley
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:35:20 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Missing option to: “Copy pictures to CD� on the Picture Tasks

Check to make sure that you CDRW drive is enabled.
Right click on your CDRW drive, select Properties, Recording tab, Enable.

If that is correct, you could try:-
1. Click on Start
2. Click on Run
3. Type the following in the textbox: REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
(Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...)
4. Press Enter.


"Lesley" <Lesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:86A802D2-7F78-442B-B240-AF3F169FB9AD@microsoft.com...
> Can anyone help. I use computer for digital photographs. Until recently I
> used to write the photos from my pictures using file and folder tasks
> directing to the CD or by right clicking oon the folder. the CD wizard used
> to appear.
>
> The option of write these files to CD has disappeared and when right click
> on the folder lthe CD drive no longer appears. When I try copy to CD drive it
> shows an error message. I can however play CDS and I can Burn using other
> software but this takes longer.
>
> I use windows XP home edition can anyone help. System restore hasnt worked
> --
> Lesley
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:35:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Thanks

tried that when I went to CDRW drive properties no recording tab, tried run
sequence and the response was register successful. However no difference to
picture tasks option nor if I right click a folder send to CD drive still
doent appear

Any other ideas I would be grateful

"Kaylene aka Taurarian" wrote:

> Missing option to: “Copy pictures to CD� on the Picture Tasks
>
> Check to make sure that you CDRW drive is enabled.
> Right click on your CDRW drive, select Properties, Recording tab, Enable.
>
> If that is correct, you could try:-
> 1. Click on Start
> 2. Click on Run
> 3. Type the following in the textbox: REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
> (Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...)
> 4. Press Enter.
>
>
> "Lesley" <Lesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:86A802D2-7F78-442B-B240-AF3F169FB9AD@microsoft.com...
> > Can anyone help. I use computer for digital photographs. Until recently I
> > used to write the photos from my pictures using file and folder tasks
> > directing to the CD or by right clicking oon the folder. the CD wizard used
> > to appear.
> >
> > The option of write these files to CD has disappeared and when right click
> > on the folder lthe CD drive no longer appears. When I try copy to CD drive it
> > shows an error message. I can however play CDS and I can Burn using other
> > software but this takes longer.
> >
> > I use windows XP home edition can anyone help. System restore hasnt worked
> > --
> > Lesley
>
>
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 2:57:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

The clue seems to be no recording tab

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316529
CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device.



"Lesley" <Lesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8B373276-BEAD-4984-8DBA-4FF063E72707@microsoft.com...
> Thanks
>
> tried that when I went to CDRW drive properties no recording tab, tried run
> sequence and the response was register successful. However no difference to
> picture tasks option nor if I right click a folder send to CD drive still
> doent appear
>
> Any other ideas I would be grateful
>
> "Kaylene aka Taurarian" wrote:
>
>> Missing option to: “Copy pictures to CD� on the Picture Tasks
>>
>> Check to make sure that you CDRW drive is enabled.
>> Right click on your CDRW drive, select Properties, Recording tab, Enable.
>>
>> If that is correct, you could try:-
>> 1. Click on Start
>> 2. Click on Run
>> 3. Type the following in the textbox: REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL
>> (Note that there is a space between ...32 and SHI...)
>> 4. Press Enter.
>>
>>
>> "Lesley" <Lesley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:86A802D2-7F78-442B-B240-AF3F169FB9AD@microsoft.com...
>> > Can anyone help. I use computer for digital photographs. Until recently I
>> > used to write the photos from my pictures using file and folder tasks
>> > directing to the CD or by right clicking oon the folder. the CD wizard used
>> > to appear.
>> >
>> > The option of write these files to CD has disappeared and when right click
>> > on the folder lthe CD drive no longer appears. When I try copy to CD drive it
>> > shows an error message. I can however play CDS and I can Burn using other
>> > software but this takes longer.
>> >
>> > I use windows XP home edition can anyone help. System restore hasnt worked
>> > --
>> > Lesley
>>
>>
!