help me choose a game

xinsomniacboix

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2007
Hi there, I have a gift card for barnes and noble and there's also a 10% thing going on with promo codes, so i was gonna pick up a new game for my pc. I could buy: gears of war, call of duty 4, unreal tournament III, orange box.

Now, I can play the gears single player because i borrowed a friend's. Is it worth buying to play multi?
I have cod4 for ps3, but that's at home and I'm in college, so... I don't know if it's worth it.
I've heard good and bad things about Unreal III, your opinions?
Finally, again, I can borrow a friend's key to play orange box, just not at the most convenient times. Worth it?

What do you guys think? or any other suggestions?
Thanks

stabgotham

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2006
CoD4 and the Orange Box are both worth. As far as value is concerned, you can't beat the Orange Box. 5 game, but I personally bought it for TF2, which is absolutely fabulous. CoD4 is stellar as well (outside of the SecuROM issues I'm having).

Don't know squat about Unreal III cause I don't have time to play it with my TF2 and CoD4 playing. Gears of War looks awesome, but I think that you'll get the best multiplayer experience from one of the other 3 games. I've also heard issues with the matchmaking system for Gears of War, so finding a multiplayer game may be difficult.