Status
Not open for further replies.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
$65 Shipped

3.jpg

I ran this for about 4-5 months and the only problem I had with it is that the part that fits behind the power supply, maybe has a loose wire or something and wasn't powering on. Despite that, temps were still @ around 15-25c on the cpu.

comes w\ original box/packing, manual, hoses, cpu water block, etc.

bought new for $145 @ microcenter, or make offer or trade.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
so, here is what happened. nicholasblock proposed a trade for an 8800 series video card... I said, sure... why not. I'm not using this water cooling kit that I paid $140 for.

So, I shell out $16 in postage to send it to good ole nicholas here. and he even humors me with a 2 emails after he received it and gave me some sort of excuse about his wife being mad at him for spending money on postage? or something like that... it would only cost $4.75 to usps priority a video card anywhere in the us.

Anyhow, after I got no response to the last email I sent him I can only assume that I've been had. I wasted $16 shipping this to nicholasblock here and I've received nothing and he's now not responding to emails either. If I were poor I might shed a tear...

disavowed

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2009
lol
im sorry for laughing its terrible but
if theres a chance its not an excuse, imagine what kind of situation he's in where his wife gets mad at him for spending 4.75 on postage....
good luck, and good thing you're not poor.

ibleet

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Sadly enough, you've been had!

We really should have a "blacklist" of people who do this type of thing so we know who NOT to trust.

SCGT1

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
Well here is the clue to not trade with certain people. He registered on the forum the day he made his post. And his post count is a meer 5 posts. Sorry that this happened to you, but the signs are all there to not trade with them unless you receive your product first. Cross shipping is a bad idea with a new member with low post count. Especially the day you talk with him via his post in your thread.

He is also only 23. That is if he didn't lie on the birthday for registration. You could always contact his local police department as you have documented the transaction in what he was trading and you have his name and address. That is if he gave you a correct name. At least the address would be correct.

nicholasblock

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Just thought ppl would like to hear the truth on whats going on.First of all I have been gone on family problems which is no ones business but my own.Second we were in talks in trading my 88800gts 320mb for his water cooler and he said that he wanted to trade I gave him my address and asked for his I never heard from him again no address or nothing and then about a week or 2 later i get an email saying that he shipped by then its to late for anything my brother had the same card that he was not using so i thought that i would send him that and then some family problems came up and i now just got back sometimes problems arise that come first i am in no way a scammer and i really wish he wouldnt of ignored me for 2 weeks and then just send it out without checking with me

SCGT1

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
hmmm really lets just see a few dates:
4/9/09
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=90516
4/10/09
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1313423&postcount=9
4/12/09
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=90989

You were at least still posting on tech powerups and not keeping up with the trader here. So if what ever family problems happend (notice the if and happened) they had to be this last week. And I don't understand how in half a month the two of you couldn't figure the deal out. This is of course half a month before your said family problems happend. So time to hear from itadakimasu on the matter.

I don't know about anyone else, but I still smell a scam here.

nicholasblock

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
you know im not here to argue it was a bad trade to begin with he shipped without even asking if i still wanted it all that matters is he is getting it back and your right i have only been out of town for the last few days and up until there i have been in contact there has been 1 email that i didnt respond to cause of my absence i dont want a bad rep around here im an honest person he has my phone number never called me but i understand where he is coming from i would be the same way too like i said ill be shipping today or tomorrow and it can be done with obviously im not avoiding him or i wouldnt be posting on here

computabug

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009

Pwned. Thumbs up. Wish I could tip this genius with some money ;)

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Nic, hitting reply to my email would have solved more than posting this stuff here.

It cost me $16+ to send the water cooler to you, wouldn't it be cheaper to just send me the video card? USPS is $4.75 for small light boxes.

I'm a little confused by your explanation too about me not giving you my address, and time gaps, etc. I could post all of our messages from here and emails if you want, where I gave you my address 2-3 times, and you verified receiving the water cooler 3 days after I shipped it...

nicholasblock

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
the address thing that you dont understand was the day you said you wanted to trade i gave you my addy and i asked for yours you never gave it to me until 1 week later along with an email saying that you shipped the wc you didnt even ask if i still wanted to trade b4 you shipped and go ahead and post our emails then ppl will say the gap from when i gave you my addy to when i said so are we gonna do this to when you actually gave me your addy

nicholasblock

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
ok i just went back and read our pms ill leava them out because of personal info we started the deal on the 25 i asked if you were ready to ship and how you said usps and youll get it out when you got home that night i said ill get it out the next morning the next day the 26th you said it was going out that afternoon i said thanks and what was your addy so i could get it out in an hour after that i didnt hear from you till the 30th by then i thought you werent even interested cause 4 days went by without an im busy or anything and i was ready to ship on the 25-26 and i still cant pm you

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
so, nicholasblock felt the need to come in here and defend himself as if he were intending on either sending me the video card or returning the galaxy 2 kit to me... it cost me $16 to ship it to him so I figured IF he were going to ship anything that it would be $10 cheaper to send the video card.

He actually responded to my last email by saying something about "i've been waiting for you to contact me..." that was after i'd already given him my address. I gave it to him again and no reply, this was over a week ago.

So, no more forum "trading" for me!

dratsabizan

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Hey man not all people are like ol' nicholas there. Don't let trade nazi's like that ruin trading for you and the other honest ones out there.
Karma is a bitch. He'll get his.

Status
Not open for further replies.