When people accuse you of hacking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Now usually I wouldn't mind the sort of person that gets owned so much that they accuse people of "hacking" because they're stats are higher than the normal or average person. But lately while playing Call of Duty 4, and, not to brag, but getting phenomenal scores and otherwise "owning" folks; people shout "hacker," like the boy who cried wolf. It's starting to irritate me a bit. In fact just an hour ago there were people accusing me of camping and hacking, although I despise campers and hate hackers, the majority of the server population felt I was in fact hacking. So one of them spectated to me to see if I was camping, so, I said "let me know when you see me camping!" To which I got no response.

Well anywho, my question is this, have you ever been accused of hacking or cheating in any way because your scores were higher than normal or because you just had a good game? If so, what did you do?

I'll post a few pics of my scores, the scores are from Call of Duty 4 playing in Team Deathmatch and in the Domination and Headquarters game modes.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I took it as a misguided form of flattery frankly. If everyone on a server is convinced I'm cheating I just leave and go elsewhere. The last thing I want is to be making the game less fun for everyone and I can honestly find a better challenge elsewhere if that is the case. If it is just one or two idiots I ignore them but smile at the recognition.

mrmez

Splendid
I wasnt supernormal at CS, but there was one stage with cs 1.4 (before the shields and BS, where on one very popular AUS server where i was dishing out hidings for ~ 2-3 weeks. I knew the players and maps, and knew where guys would hide behind doors and shoot them with the para.

Also u could shoot thru small sections of wall, like a corner. Got accused of wall hax a few times. Just tell them to grab a coke and a smile and STFU! I find online games are more about talkin smack these days.

Same thing happened when a played @ my local lan. Guys who keep on talkin smack, i eventually get up and shout at them to stand up cos ur gonna drag their ass outside and beat the crap outta them.

No one REALLY wants a punch up over CS, so they keep their mouths shut and tone down the accusations.

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
I've had clans kick and ban me because they thought I was cheating, and couldn't deal with the fact I was better than me, a lot of the time it' stuff like knowing the maps really well and reacting well to being blinded.

toasty2

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Having first hand seen a friend hack, there's a huge difference between hacking and being good. Use some common sense, ask "is that totally impossible?" If the answer is yes, then they might be hacking. If the answer is maybe/no then chances are they're just good. I consider myself pretty good. If I feel I'm too good (you know, the occasional ownage spree), then sometimes I just slow down. I've never really been accused though.

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Well i went back into that same server and toned it down a little bit, grabbed a gun i never use, in this case the M16A4, and decided to do the Marksman and Expert challenges for it to unlock some stuff, got everything unlocked over a couple hours and never had a problem. I just decided to play more casual rather than "I have to be #1" kind of attitude. Seemed to work out in everyone's favor that way.

But yeah, I've actually tested out a CS Source hack when I had some friends over, just to freak them out a little bit. Going 50 - 0 and them finally catching on was quite a laugh. Other than that, I don't ever recall hacking in any other game. I think cheating just takes some of the fun out of the game.

But I do despise some tactics people use. Such as the "n00b t00b" and for everyone who's played an FPS since SOCOM knows what the n00b t00b is. The damn M203 Rifle Grenade Launcher. What a bunch of BS that thing is in the wrong n00bs hands. Granted it does have it's justifying moments, but when all someone does it launch nades at people, its gets really annoying. Or perhaps when people camp, and I'm not talking about being defensive or anything. Just sitting there, in one spot, never moving, not really "involving" themselves in the game other than to be a speed bump.

But, other than those few things, I like to think of every kill as a lesson, learn from it, and try it out on them next time. Such an example would be when I got sniped from a spot I had no idea about, thank god for killcam, i saw the spot. After a few hours had passed I joined another server and had a sniping war, I took that guys sniping spot and got myself a kill. Had it not been for that death I got, I would've not gotten that kill later on. So, it's always a "live and learn" sort of thing.

godsizesnakeyes

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2007
Back in the days when I was heavy into WarCrackIII TFT I seen alot of hacker call outs. One time I even accused someone of maphacking in a turny game cause it seemed they knew my every move. When I watched the replay I seen his strat and realized he just kept getting extreamly lucky with the right place at the right time kinda thing. Leason learned, I never called anyone a hacker after that but would check replays after a game I suspected it in and never found one in any of my 1v1 games. I also had alot of people call me a hacker when I got better. I'd just lol and tell them to watch the replay and if they did acually watch it they problay learned what a Shade was for or seen where I had just been lucky.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
Just ignore them, and play sucky (like idk shooting the air or something), that way you can atleasst call the other shots "lucky" and won't empty the server lol..

chilli

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
The only time I was called a hacker was during a clanbase match in CS:S. I was having probably my best ever session. I'm not the sort of player who uses scopes too often - i prefer getting in with the nitty gritty. Also known as being a p90 whore! But I somehow no scoped a player from in between CT spawn on D2 and B, up towards the other side of A, then picked off someone at long A with a deagle from A while he was trying to awp me...

As usual they protested my "hax" and demanded demo's after which I duly obliged with.

I was just having a good sesh and had a few lucky shots.

I agree with the n00bt00b tactics being a pain though. You sneak carefully into position, or you sprint like a madman and all they need do is point and click and you are pretty guarenteed to be dead. Well on hardcore servers anyway, I dont play on any others...

But I dont tend to complain as you need to learn to adapt to such tactics. Like cover any sprints with smoke, or dummy which way you are going.

And you have to remember that they only have 2 grens, so all you need do is make sure they dont kill you!

Then there is the smug satisfaction of knifing them in the back :D

JonnyRock

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2004

o lol, yes this happens to me a lot. :bounce: :kaola:

The thing about online gaming is well you either can do it or you can't do it. Like most things in life some people are better at it than others. Not very one can be tiger woods for example. Some people are better than others plain and simple.

Just because i have good reflexes a tactical brain, know my environment and what my weapons can do, does not make me a cheater.

I don't play i hunt. :lol: :D :eek: :heink: :p

all this being said there are a lot of cheaters out there and a lot of people putting up websites to feed these morons.

I say bring it on :non:

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
Found this happen to me a fair bit recently. I've been playing BF2 on and off for 2 years now, but every now and again i create new accounts and end up looking like a legendary noob or in other ppl's eye's a cheat. Just recently I've found that if on BF2 you are within 2 meters of an enemy it's quicker to knife them, than to waste a whole clip trying to kill them running around in circles or the more common among ppl to lay down instantly, so they get a knife in the face :).

Must admit i really enjoy playing against clan's etc... because you get so much better at taking on 3/4 ppl and surviving and when you do it just right you can smile in great satisfaction knowing that you are indeed as UT says 'Godlike' ;).

Cirga

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2007

Yup.. this happens to me alot as well. I find it very amusing. Really no reason to get mad when someone accuses you of hacking the game when you really arent. In the end they are the ones who just cant admit you are alot better than them... so they blame their own lack of skill on an outside factor that doesnt exist.. rather then just compliment your skill and strive to do better.

bfellow

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
Well its sometime's their own fault for not performing the right steps in observing you. I remember going into a random server in CS and just get 10 headshots in a row with a glock and mp5. Then I get kicked.

TheForumMember

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007

I agree with these folks. And Id find it funny for them to spectate you, realizing "He isnt immortal after all!!!"

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006

Illusion (or illusionz idk, whatever, don't really care).. (digital anarchy)

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
I've been accused of hacking quiet a few times. Mostly when I was going for my sniper expert / marksman challenges. (Only the M21 left to finish before I get the gold Dragnov! :D) Usually I'll have a 30:1 or greater K : D ratio when the accusations start flying. I just ignore them and keep playing until I'm kicked (only happened once out of 20+ times), or just start to joke with everyone else and say that "my helicopter has aimbot took, so watch out!"

physx7

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
How in the world can you hack anyway? I'm totaly out of this. I play jedi knight jedi acadmey a lot and I have seen people cheat but I still don't know how......

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
I have personally witness, on a punkbuster enabled server, a croatian hacking COD4. He had an invinciblity hack...
5 guys surrounded and kept shooting, nading, and knifing him till the round ended. He just laughed at us.

Noob tubes are FREAKING annoying... "it takes skill"... bah. There is a legit tactical time and place for a grenade launcher, but not as the primary weapon - lame.

I'm hooked on COD4. My kill ratio (lately) is about 3:1.

As far as camping, you guys know how some of the boards flow in circles. I'll sometimes stay in the rear of the flow (the advance of the opponents) w/ a light machine gun. Quickly I get outnumbered, so I huff it back to a new position (otherwise I wouldn't have a 3:1 kill ratio :lol: ). Sometimes I do this just to support the rear and slow down the enemy's assault. So, I am "camped/entrenched" and waiting for the first wave. This is a legit in my view. US Marines just don't sprint around the battlefied wildly.

If you camp in the same exact spot, you will die. Players are getting good now.

BTW - maybe it's me, but the sniper class seems to be the hardest (excluding shotgun of course). Harder than snipers in other games. Seems to be easier to "snipe" with a light machine gun or assualt rife.

husky mctarflash

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
My understanding is that system speed can simulate cheating. For example, I thought people were cheating when playing 2142 because I would get immediately killed with a single shot from a weapon that otherwise requires multiple shots (Voss, if that means anything to you). Eventually, there were situations were I came up behind a guy and unloaded on him, and then I was killed a fraction of a second before he actually turned around. To me, this seems like evidence of more of a "system lag" computer issue, and that he likely HAD turned around and started firing, its just thats not what my monitor showed.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

That said, I am pretty sure there are guys with aimbots though....

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
Lately it's been getting better. I got accused of hacking today though. One guy said, "Nice hax Justin." I said, "Yup they sure are." and that was that. Didn't get kicked or anything, as they found out they could kill me, just not as much as I could kill them.

As of late I've been abandoning the regular servers and opting for the Hard Core servers, and going away from Team Death Match and leaning towards Domination and Head Quarters modes. Seems to be more of a challenge as it's not just a frag fest any more. And the fighting is more centralized. I really like that, how it focuses the fighting in key locations.

And here is one of my latest "ownings" on CoD4.

Finneus

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I have been accused of hacking before. Once in CoD4 and several times playing CoD2 (even been banned twice) I am a chronic rifling addict. the first thing I say is....If I were actually cheating my score would be much better, I hate hackers but they normally have scores more like 60 to 1 (and really in CoD4 I wouldn't even find that unbelievable with the airstrikes and helicopters). I am part of a casual clan and we have had people come on and actually hack on our server. You can tell when you spec someone....the gun moves on its own to aim, they can totally find people behind walls without seeing them previously etc. (mind you, people forget that you can shoot through several walls in CoD4).
It used to bother me more but now I roll with it....everyone hates dieing several times so I realise its out of frustration ( I've had games go pretty south from time to time especially in a bad spawn area) they just see your great score and focus on you and think maybe you are hacking because it seems like you get away with more then them. The old have and have not scenario.
If I am totally owning on a server I leave and try to find one with better people on it that match my ability. On CoD2 I stick mostly to the rifling servers because they are specialty ones, so you are bound to find good competition and everyone seems to hack...lol.
Anyway don't let it bother you, sometimes you can seem to own just because you have a better ping and computer than the other people playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.