ANOTHER Annoying one! PLZ Help!, Run time error!!

oymd

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2001
Suddenly over the past 24 hours...whenever I right click and open IE in a NEW window instead of the same window i am browsing i get this error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A large RED X.
Run time error has occured. Do you wish to debug?
Line: 594
Error: Object expected
Yes
No
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The line number is random...and the error is random as well....and is not related to any certain sites......

If I press yes...it opens this weird Microsoft debugging program and the web page loads fine....

If I press NO (which i now got accustomed to) ...the web page STILL opens fine with no errors.

What the heck is this....I've had no changes to my hardware or software for like 10 days...since i last installed the cat4.5s

I'm in no way a noob when it coms to maintenence of my rig...but these last two problems are really puzzling me....

PLZ HELP.....

unistall cat 4.5's and install 4.4s or lower if you say thats the only thing you have changed....

also check for spyware/adaware/virii, of course, but im sure you have already done that.

"This Steel ain't stainless, Your bloodstains are all over this steel."
<A HREF="http://www.cameronwilliamson.com" target="_new">-={Messianic Maniac.}=-</A>
<font color=green>{FLM}</font color=green>

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
I'm pretty sure that what you're experiencing is a Java runtime error. It's terrifically common, since there are so many versions of Java out there. Go to the top menu bar in IE, then click Tools / Internet Options then click the Advanced tab and UNcheck the box that lists "Display a notification about every script error". That should take care of the situation.

Oh, and make sure that the box above that "Disable script debugging" IS CHECKED.

<font color=green>****</font color=green> Never Assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>****</font color=green>