Problems with XP

Office uses ACCESS '97 as the database for our business system. When we
tried touse the Office '97 on the new XP computer every time we went ot open
a file the computer just rebooted and gave us an error message. We then
purchased Office Pro 2003. Now we can't use the Business system in '97. I
tried installing only Office 2003 without ACCESS and then installing '97. It
tells me I don't have a license for '97. Unfortuantley as a small non profit
we only upgrade a little at a time. Evveryone else is using windows '98.
Any suggestions. We call MS and didn't get much help the tech support didn't
know what to do.

"There Is No License" Error Message Starting Microsoft Access
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141373&Product=acc97

Please visit the Office experts in an appropriate Office newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Geri" wrote:

| Office uses ACCESS '97 as the database for our business system. When we
| tried touse the Office '97 on the new XP computer every time we went ot open
| a file the computer just rebooted and gave us an error message. We then
| purchased Office Pro 2003. Now we can't use the Business system in '97. I
| tried installing only Office 2003 without ACCESS and then installing '97. It
| tells me I don't have a license for '97. Unfortuantley as a small non profit
| we only upgrade a little at a time. Evveryone else is using windows '98.
| Any suggestions. We call MS and didn't get much help the tech support didn't
| know what to do.

TRENDING THREADS