Chaos Empire - Weapon Question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 20, 2005 9:29:19 AM

I'm currently in Normal, clvl38 in Haggaroth and I'm wondering what would
be the weapon of choice for a necro. I'm currently using the Little
Azurewrath Crystal Sword. Is there anything better than that at this
point?

TIA
Diane
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 7:19:34 PM

On 20-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> I'm currently in Normal, clvl38 in Haggaroth and I'm wondering what would
> be the weapon of choice for a necro. I'm currently using the Little
> Azurewrath Crystal Sword. Is there anything better than that at this
> point?
>
> TIA
> Diane

Gravenspine, or, Ume's Lament. You should not be needing to hit anything so
you want plus to skills.
--
Don't Panic!
February 21, 2005 10:25:20 PM

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

> On 20-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm currently in Normal, clvl38 in Haggaroth and I'm wondering what
>> would be the weapon of choice for a necro. I'm currently using the
>> Little Azurewrath Crystal Sword. Is there anything better than that
>> at this point?
>>
>> TIA
>> Diane
>
> Gravenspine, or, Ume's Lament. You should not be needing to hit
> anything so you want plus to skills.

OK, I was unaware of Gravenspine, but I read about Ume's Lament. I
haven't found either of those yet. Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for
them. I'm having to learn to stay out of melee. I'm so used to just
going in there and wacking away at things, when the going gets tough,
thus the sword. However, sometimes I just prefer standing back and
letting my skellies, mages, and golem do all the work whilst I just cast
things, and I'm learning to like that. So, it makes sense that if I'm
casting, I should be using a wand, lol. Cripes.

Diane
February 22, 2005 11:43:12 AM

> OK, I was unaware of Gravenspine, but I read about Ume's Lament. I
> haven't found either of those yet. Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for
> them. I'm having to learn to stay out of melee. I'm so used to just

> going in there and wacking away at things, when the going gets tough,

> thus the sword. However, sometimes I just prefer standing back and
> letting my skellies, mages, and golem do all the work whilst I just
cast
> things, and I'm learning to like that. So, it makes sense that if
I'm
> casting, I should be using a wand, lol. Cripes.
>
> Diane

Hi Diane,
Are you online? What realm? if online, USWest... I have quite a
selection of fine used necro wands that I would be happy to let you
take alook at. Let me know :)

RegNitto
RegNitto-Z - USWest SC Ladder
RegNitto1-10 - USWest SC Ladder
RegNitto - Just Plain USWest SC
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 3:19:23 PM

Ume's Lament... normal class wand, relatively easy to find.
Blackhand Key... exceptional class wand, much harder to find... nice to
have later in the game.
Carin Shard... exceptional class wand, easier to find than the key...
good for summoner.
I have a half dozen or so rare wands that have nice mods...

btw... what type of necro are you? summoning the beasties? using bone
skills? the answer to this question will reflect on what gear you
wear... summoners typically can have lesser equipment because the
beasties will take all of the monster punishment....

Reg
February 22, 2005 8:07:01 PM

RegNitto@hotmail.com wrote in news:1109090592.691285.151160
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

>> OK, I was unaware of Gravenspine, but I read about Ume's Lament. I
>> haven't found either of those yet. Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for
>> them. I'm having to learn to stay out of melee. I'm so used to just
>
>> going in there and wacking away at things, when the going gets tough,
>
>> thus the sword. However, sometimes I just prefer standing back and
>> letting my skellies, mages, and golem do all the work whilst I just
> cast
>> things, and I'm learning to like that. So, it makes sense that if
> I'm
>> casting, I should be using a wand, lol. Cripes.
>>
>> Diane
>
> Hi Diane,
> Are you online? What realm? if online, USWest... I have quite a
> selection of fine used necro wands that I would be happy to let you
> take alook at. Let me know :)
>
> RegNitto
> RegNitto-Z - USWest SC Ladder
> RegNitto1-10 - USWest SC Ladder
> RegNitto - Just Plain USWest SC

OMG thanks. that's so generous of you. However no, I've been playing
SP. I haven't even tried to get on the realm in this mod. Can you tell
me what you have, so that I can know what I should be looking for?
Also, as I've never taken the initiative to learn to craft anything, I'm
wondering if it's possible to craft a wand that would bring him through
Hell. I'm still only in Normal Act 5, but I'll need something better
than the Gravenspine eventually.

Anyways, thanks for your kindness.
Diane
February 22, 2005 11:32:35 PM

"RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1109103563.440673.69130
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> Ume's Lament... normal class wand, relatively easy to find.
> Blackhand Key... exceptional class wand, much harder to find... nice
> have later in the game.
> Carin Shard... exceptional class wand, easier to find than the key...
> good for summoner.
> I have a half dozen or so rare wands that have nice mods...
>
> btw... what type of necro are you? summoning the beasties? using
bone
> skills? the answer to this question will reflect on what gear you
> wear... summoners typically can have lesser equipment because the
> beasties will take all of the monster punishment....
>
> Reg

Hmmmmm. What kind of necro? Well, I'll try to describe what I've got
b/c I haven't a clue what to call him.

Starting with Curses: Amplify, IM, Life Tap, Lower Resist
Bone Curses: Teeth, Corpse Explosion, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, Bone
Armor
Summoning Spells: I have points in all of them

Gear: Gravenspine Bone Wand
Eye of Etlich Amulet
Frostburn Gauntlets
Hawkmail Scale Mail
Stormy Clasp Heavy Belt
Undead Crown Crown
Sanders Riprap Heavy Boots
Nihlathak's Pride Demon Head
Empyrean Band Ring (2)

So, how messed up am I?

Diane
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 12:10:50 AM

On 22-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> Gear: Gravenspine Bone Wand
> Eye of Etlich Amulet
> Frostburn Gauntlets
> Hawkmail Scale Mail
> Stormy Clasp Heavy Belt
> Undead Crown Crown
> Sanders Riprap Heavy Boots
> Nihlathak's Pride Demon Head
> Empyrean Band Ring (2)
>
> So, how messed up am I?
>
> Diane

Not _too_ bad - I would change the rings to soj's, plus one to skills to
make your minions stronger then you don't need to be stronger yourself, plus
the added 25% mana helps a lot too - the armor I would change to a necro
specific bonearmor with at least a plus to a necro skill tree, although at
your clvl (42?) you may be able to get plus two to curses and some plus one
or two to some other skills as well - I love my 'tree' belt with a ptopaz in
it, plus 25% to mana AND life and with the topaz plus 28% to mf (or stick a
pskull in it for mana/life regen), yes it only has 3 rows but I don't slurp
potions hardly at all - that crown is not too bad but I really like my
circlet, gamble for a rare (yellow) with at least plus one to (all) necro
skills, put it in your cube with 4 pskulls and transmute to give it two
sockets, insert ort then sol into them for an added plus one to *all* skills
(lore runeword), then to top it off use the one time rare recipe to give it
faster cast rate besides - boots, you can do better there too, I like
tearhaunch myself, or those new assasin set boots that give you 80-100
faster walk and 35poison over x (mostly just for the speed) - that head has
to go, you can gamble better, at least plus one to (all) necro skills plus
other skills/mods.
Oops, lol, I only left you three of your original items.
But, hey, that's just me, if it works for you that is the important thing.
That is part of what makes this game so fun - all the different options.
--
Don't Panic!
February 23, 2005 12:45:00 AM

> On 22-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> Gear: Gravenspine Bone Wand
>> Eye of Etlich Amulet
>> Frostburn Gauntlets
>> Hawkmail Scale Mail
>> Stormy Clasp Heavy Belt
>> Undead Crown Crown
>> Sanders Riprap Heavy Boots
>> Nihlathak's Pride Demon Head
>> Empyrean Band Ring (2)
>>
>> So, how messed up am I?
>>
>> Diane
>
> Not _too_ bad - I would change the rings to soj's, plus one to skills
> to make your minions stronger then you don't need to be stronger
> yourself, plus the added 25% mana helps a lot too

Well, when I find the SoJ's, I'll do just that. I've never seen one
believe it or not. I suspect I'm looking for something yellow? or
gold? Haven't a clue. I'm just waiting for a ring that says Stone of
Jordan. Now, tell me I'm on the wrong track. I wouldn't be a bit
surprised!!

- the armor I would
> change to a necro specific bonearmor with at least a plus to a necro
> skill tree, although at your clvl (42?) you may be able to get plus
> two to curses and some plus one or two to some other skills as well -
> I love my 'tree' belt with a ptopaz in it, plus 25% to mana AND life
> and with the topaz plus 28% to mf (or stick a pskull in it for
> mana/life regen), yes it only has 3 rows but I don't slurp potions
> hardly at all - that crown is not too bad but I really like my
> circlet, gamble for a rare (yellow) with at least plus one to (all)
> necro skills, put it in your cube with 4 pskulls and transmute to give
> it two sockets, insert ort then sol into them for an added plus one to
> *all* skills (lore runeword), then to top it off use the one time rare
> recipe to give it faster cast rate besides - boots, you can do better
> there too, I like tearhaunch myself, or those new assasin set boots
> that give you 80-100 faster walk and 35poison over x (mostly just for
> the speed) - that head has to go, you can gamble better, at least plus
> one to (all) necro skills plus other skills/mods.
> Oops, lol, I only left you three of your original items.
> But, hey, that's just me, if it works for you that is the important
> thing. That is part of what makes this game so fun - all the different
> options.

Not a problem. This is a learning experience for me. If I can't take
advice, I shouldn't be here, lol. So, I'll set out now to find some of
the things you've mentioned and acquire some others. In the meantime,
I'll continue my game. FWIW, I really DO appreciate your advice. Not
that I'm trying to copy your guy or anything, he he, just learning along
the way is all.

Thanks muchly,
Diane
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 1:19:37 AM

On 22-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> Well, when I find the SoJ's, I'll do just that. I've never seen one
> believe it or not. I suspect I'm looking for something yellow? or
> gold? Haven't a clue. I'm just waiting for a ring that says Stone of
> Jordan. Now, tell me I'm on the wrong track. I wouldn't be a bit
> surprised!!

Gold - it is a unique - I gambled both of the ones that I have. They are
pretty darn rare tho, like I said somewhere before, I got about a dozen Eye
of Etlich amulets in the time it took to get the two Stone of Jordans. If
you don't get one don't worry too much, in another couple/three levels you
will be able to gamble plus one necro (and/or any other character) skill
rings (mostly yellow, but could be blue too). Heck, last night I sold a
couple plus one necro skill rings back to Anya since I already had/have four
others with better other mods.
--
Don't Panic!
!