Chaos Empire - Weapon Question

I'm currently in Normal, clvl38 in Haggaroth and I'm wondering what would
be the weapon of choice for a necro. I'm currently using the Little
Azurewrath Crystal Sword. Is there anything better than that at this
point?

TIA
Diane
9 answers Last reply
More about chaos empire weapon question

    On 20-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > I'm currently in Normal, clvl38 in Haggaroth and I'm wondering what would
    > be the weapon of choice for a necro. I'm currently using the Little
    > Azurewrath Crystal Sword. Is there anything better than that at this
    > point?
    >
    > TIA
    > Diane

    Gravenspine, or, Ume's Lament. You should not be needing to hit anything so
    you want plus to skills.
    --
    Don't Panic!

    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

    > On 20-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm currently in Normal, clvl38 in Haggaroth and I'm wondering what
    >> would be the weapon of choice for a necro. I'm currently using the
    >> Little Azurewrath Crystal Sword. Is there anything better than that
    >> at this point?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >> Diane
    >
    > Gravenspine, or, Ume's Lament. You should not be needing to hit
    > anything so you want plus to skills.

    OK, I was unaware of Gravenspine, but I read about Ume's Lament. I
    haven't found either of those yet. Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for
    them. I'm having to learn to stay out of melee. I'm so used to just
    going in there and wacking away at things, when the going gets tough,
    thus the sword. However, sometimes I just prefer standing back and
    letting my skellies, mages, and golem do all the work whilst I just cast
    things, and I'm learning to like that. So, it makes sense that if I'm
    casting, I should be using a wand, lol. Cripes.

    Diane

    > OK, I was unaware of Gravenspine, but I read about Ume's Lament. I
    > haven't found either of those yet. Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for
    > them. I'm having to learn to stay out of melee. I'm so used to just

    > going in there and wacking away at things, when the going gets tough,

    > thus the sword. However, sometimes I just prefer standing back and
    > letting my skellies, mages, and golem do all the work whilst I just
    cast
    > things, and I'm learning to like that. So, it makes sense that if
    I'm
    > casting, I should be using a wand, lol. Cripes.
    >
    > Diane

    Hi Diane,
    Are you online? What realm? if online, USWest... I have quite a
    selection of fine used necro wands that I would be happy to let you
    take alook at. Let me know :)

    RegNitto
    RegNitto-Z - USWest SC Ladder
    RegNitto1-10 - USWest SC Ladder
    RegNitto - Just Plain USWest SC

    Ume's Lament... normal class wand, relatively easy to find.
    Blackhand Key... exceptional class wand, much harder to find... nice to
    have later in the game.
    Carin Shard... exceptional class wand, easier to find than the key...
    good for summoner.
    I have a half dozen or so rare wands that have nice mods...

    btw... what type of necro are you? summoning the beasties? using bone
    skills? the answer to this question will reflect on what gear you
    wear... summoners typically can have lesser equipment because the
    beasties will take all of the monster punishment....

    Reg

    RegNitto@hotmail.com wrote in news:1109090592.691285.151160
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    >> OK, I was unaware of Gravenspine, but I read about Ume's Lament. I
    >> haven't found either of those yet. Thanks. I'll keep a lookout for
    >> them. I'm having to learn to stay out of melee. I'm so used to just
    >
    >> going in there and wacking away at things, when the going gets tough,
    >
    >> thus the sword. However, sometimes I just prefer standing back and
    >> letting my skellies, mages, and golem do all the work whilst I just
    > cast
    >> things, and I'm learning to like that. So, it makes sense that if
    > I'm
    >> casting, I should be using a wand, lol. Cripes.
    >>
    >> Diane
    >
    > Hi Diane,
    > Are you online? What realm? if online, USWest... I have quite a
    > selection of fine used necro wands that I would be happy to let you
    > take alook at. Let me know :)
    >
    > RegNitto
    > RegNitto-Z - USWest SC Ladder
    > RegNitto1-10 - USWest SC Ladder
    > RegNitto - Just Plain USWest SC

    OMG thanks. that's so generous of you. However no, I've been playing
    SP. I haven't even tried to get on the realm in this mod. Can you tell
    me what you have, so that I can know what I should be looking for?
    Also, as I've never taken the initiative to learn to craft anything, I'm
    wondering if it's possible to craft a wand that would bring him through
    Hell. I'm still only in Normal Act 5, but I'll need something better
    than the Gravenspine eventually.

    Anyways, thanks for your kindness.
    Diane

    "RegNitto" <RegNitto@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1109103563.440673.69130
    @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > Ume's Lament... normal class wand, relatively easy to find.
    > Blackhand Key... exceptional class wand, much harder to find... nice
    > have later in the game.
    > Carin Shard... exceptional class wand, easier to find than the key...
    > good for summoner.
    > I have a half dozen or so rare wands that have nice mods...
    >
    > btw... what type of necro are you? summoning the beasties? using
    bone
    > skills? the answer to this question will reflect on what gear you
    > wear... summoners typically can have lesser equipment because the
    > beasties will take all of the monster punishment....
    >
    > Reg

    Hmmmmm. What kind of necro? Well, I'll try to describe what I've got
    b/c I haven't a clue what to call him.

    Starting with Curses: Amplify, IM, Life Tap, Lower Resist
    Bone Curses: Teeth, Corpse Explosion, Bone Spear, Bone Spirit, Bone
    Armor
    Summoning Spells: I have points in all of them

    Gear: Gravenspine Bone Wand
    Eye of Etlich Amulet
    Frostburn Gauntlets
    Hawkmail Scale Mail
    Stormy Clasp Heavy Belt
    Undead Crown Crown
    Sanders Riprap Heavy Boots
    Nihlathak's Pride Demon Head
    Empyrean Band Ring (2)

    So, how messed up am I?

    Diane

    On 22-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > Gear: Gravenspine Bone Wand
    > Eye of Etlich Amulet
    > Frostburn Gauntlets
    > Hawkmail Scale Mail
    > Stormy Clasp Heavy Belt
    > Undead Crown Crown
    > Sanders Riprap Heavy Boots
    > Nihlathak's Pride Demon Head
    > Empyrean Band Ring (2)
    >
    > So, how messed up am I?
    >
    > Diane

    Not _too_ bad - I would change the rings to soj's, plus one to skills to
    make your minions stronger then you don't need to be stronger yourself, plus
    the added 25% mana helps a lot too - the armor I would change to a necro
    specific bonearmor with at least a plus to a necro skill tree, although at
    your clvl (42?) you may be able to get plus two to curses and some plus one
    or two to some other skills as well - I love my 'tree' belt with a ptopaz in
    it, plus 25% to mana AND life and with the topaz plus 28% to mf (or stick a
    pskull in it for mana/life regen), yes it only has 3 rows but I don't slurp
    potions hardly at all - that crown is not too bad but I really like my
    circlet, gamble for a rare (yellow) with at least plus one to (all) necro
    skills, put it in your cube with 4 pskulls and transmute to give it two
    sockets, insert ort then sol into them for an added plus one to *all* skills
    (lore runeword), then to top it off use the one time rare recipe to give it
    faster cast rate besides - boots, you can do better there too, I like
    tearhaunch myself, or those new assasin set boots that give you 80-100
    faster walk and 35poison over x (mostly just for the speed) - that head has
    to go, you can gamble better, at least plus one to (all) necro skills plus
    other skills/mods.
    Oops, lol, I only left you three of your original items.
    But, hey, that's just me, if it works for you that is the important thing.
    That is part of what makes this game so fun - all the different options.
    --

    > On 22-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >> Gear: Gravenspine Bone Wand
    >> Eye of Etlich Amulet
    >> Frostburn Gauntlets
    >> Hawkmail Scale Mail
    >> Stormy Clasp Heavy Belt
    >> Undead Crown Crown
    >> Sanders Riprap Heavy Boots
    >> Nihlathak's Pride Demon Head
    >> Empyrean Band Ring (2)
    >>
    >> So, how messed up am I?
    >>
    >> Diane
    >
    > Not _too_ bad - I would change the rings to soj's, plus one to skills
    > to make your minions stronger then you don't need to be stronger
    > yourself, plus the added 25% mana helps a lot too

    Well, when I find the SoJ's, I'll do just that. I've never seen one
    believe it or not. I suspect I'm looking for something yellow? or
    gold? Haven't a clue. I'm just waiting for a ring that says Stone of
    Jordan. Now, tell me I'm on the wrong track. I wouldn't be a bit
    surprised!!

    - the armor I would
    > change to a necro specific bonearmor with at least a plus to a necro
    > skill tree, although at your clvl (42?) you may be able to get plus
    > two to curses and some plus one or two to some other skills as well -
    > I love my 'tree' belt with a ptopaz in it, plus 25% to mana AND life
    > and with the topaz plus 28% to mf (or stick a pskull in it for
    > mana/life regen), yes it only has 3 rows but I don't slurp potions
    > hardly at all - that crown is not too bad but I really like my
    > circlet, gamble for a rare (yellow) with at least plus one to (all)
    > necro skills, put it in your cube with 4 pskulls and transmute to give
    > it two sockets, insert ort then sol into them for an added plus one to
    > *all* skills (lore runeword), then to top it off use the one time rare
    > recipe to give it faster cast rate besides - boots, you can do better
    > there too, I like tearhaunch myself, or those new assasin set boots
    > that give you 80-100 faster walk and 35poison over x (mostly just for
    > the speed) - that head has to go, you can gamble better, at least plus
    > one to (all) necro skills plus other skills/mods.
    > Oops, lol, I only left you three of your original items.
    > But, hey, that's just me, if it works for you that is the important
    > thing. That is part of what makes this game so fun - all the different
    > options.

    Not a problem. This is a learning experience for me. If I can't take
    advice, I shouldn't be here, lol. So, I'll set out now to find some of
    the things you've mentioned and acquire some others. In the meantime,
    I'll continue my game. FWIW, I really DO appreciate your advice. Not
    that I'm trying to copy your guy or anything, he he, just learning along
    the way is all.

    Thanks muchly,
    Diane

    On 22-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

    > Well, when I find the SoJ's, I'll do just that. I've never seen one
    > believe it or not. I suspect I'm looking for something yellow? or
    > gold? Haven't a clue. I'm just waiting for a ring that says Stone of
    > Jordan. Now, tell me I'm on the wrong track. I wouldn't be a bit
    > surprised!!

    Gold - it is a unique - I gambled both of the ones that I have. They are
    pretty darn rare tho, like I said somewhere before, I got about a dozen Eye
    of Etlich amulets in the time it took to get the two Stone of Jordans. If
    you don't get one don't worry too much, in another couple/three levels you
    will be able to gamble plus one necro (and/or any other character) skill
    rings (mostly yellow, but could be blue too). Heck, last night I sold a
    couple plus one necro skill rings back to Anya since I already had/have four
    others with better other mods.
    --
    Don't Panic!

Crystal Games Diablo Video Games