XP HOME, SLOW TO GET GOING

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

When I turn on my computer it takes a long time to get to
Windows. Get to watch the blue scrolling bar longer than
I want to and longer than my other (older) computer .
When I get to "starting Windows" it's ok. Is there
something I can/need to do to give it a kick in the butt.

If you have an Intel based board,you can download the application
accelerator from them,this speeds up start-up and can also be installed
on applications listed as you open the download.However,once applied
to a specific app.,you'll need to reopen the dwnload and reinstall it for
windows.Version 2.3 is 850 and below chip-set,3.0 uses RAID.

"Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I turn on my computer it takes a long time to get to
> Windows. Get to watch the blue scrolling bar longer than
> I want to and longer than my other (older) computer .
> When I get to "starting Windows" it's ok. Is there
> something I can/need to do to give it a kick in the butt.

This sometimes happens if you're in a network, the computer is set to
connect to network drive on boot, and some of the drives aren't available.
So it searches for the network connection for a period of time before it
gives up on it and finishes booting.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

"D.Currie" <dmbcurrie.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in
Could also happen if your not on a network but have a network card in
your computer. The computer is waiting for an IP address from a DHCP
server, but since there is no network, it never gets one and has to time
out waiting. Work around for that would be to asign your computer an IP
address, or just enable internet connection sharing. Might be no other
computer to share with, but internet connection sharing will asign an IP
address to your computer. Be worth a try anyway.