Windows Explorer?

I hate to sound really stupid, but here goes.... Is Windows Explorer and
(Microsoft) Internet Explorer the same thing?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer

    1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
    2. In the Search box type: WINDOWS EXPLORER , and hit enter.
    3. Click on the topics titled: "Using Windows Explorer" and "Using Internet Explorer".

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Marty" wrote:

    | I hate to sound really stupid, but here goes.... Is Windows Explorer and
    | (Microsoft) Internet Explorer the same thing?
    | Thanks

    Windows Explorer is "explorer.exe" (in the Windows folder) while Internet
    Explorer is "iexplore.exe" (in the Program Files\Internet Explorer folder).
    There are numerous functions that may look the same between them, however,
    which may be why you'd expect them to be the same thing.

    "Marty" <Martymkm@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I hate to sound really stupid, but here goes.... Is Windows Explorer and
    > (Microsoft) Internet Explorer the same thing?
    > Thanks

    Hi

    There are differences between both. Windows Explorer can show all the files
    on your hard disk/partition and is used to perform certain actions on those
    files. Internet Explorer is used for accessing web pages when your system
    is connected to the Internet. Windows Explorer, if need be, can be used to
    access the Internet as well. There is some info. on both in Help and
    Support.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Marty" <Martymkm@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I hate to sound really stupid, but here goes.... Is Windows Explorer and
    > (Microsoft) Internet Explorer the same thing?
    > Thanks

Windows Explorer Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP