Windows Explorer?

September 12, 2004 1:57:19 PM

I hate to sound really stupid, but here goes.... Is Windows Explorer and
(Microsoft) Internet Explorer the same thing?
Thanks

More about : windows explorer

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 1:57:20 PM

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center".
2. In the Search box type: WINDOWS EXPLORER , and hit enter.
3. Click on the topics titled: "Using Windows Explorer" and "Using Internet Explorer".

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Marty" wrote:

| I hate to sound really stupid, but here goes.... Is Windows Explorer and
| (Microsoft) Internet Explorer the same thing?
| Thanks
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 3:12:41 PM

Windows Explorer is "explorer.exe" (in the Windows folder) while Internet
Explorer is "iexplore.exe" (in the Program Files\Internet Explorer folder).
There are numerous functions that may look the same between them, however,
which may be why you'd expect them to be the same thing.

"Marty" <Martymkm@msn.com> wrote in message
>I hate to sound really stupid, but here goes.... Is Windows Explorer and
> (Microsoft) Internet Explorer the same thing?
> Thanks

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:11:54 PM

Hi

There are differences between both. Windows Explorer can show all the files
on your hard disk/partition and is used to perform certain actions on those
files. Internet Explorer is used for accessing web pages when your system
is connected to the Internet. Windows Explorer, if need be, can be used to
access the Internet as well. There is some info. on both in Help and
Support.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User