Windows XP Prof problem with lsass.

September 12, 2004 11:36:26 AM

I have installed Windows XP Pro and when restarted got
this error message:
"The system process 'c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe'
terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819. The
system will now shutdown and restart".
This always happened when I start up Windows XP Pro and
when network cable connected to PC. When unplugged network
cable, this error does not appear.
Internet connectivity is through an Aztech ADSL Ethernet
modem and can connect to the internet when running IE.

Then I tried installing Service Pack 2, the error does not
appear anymore. But then I lost my connectivity to the
internet when running IE.

Anyone can help.....
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 12:59:02 PM

Isass ,,is the time check program, uncheck synchronize

"gene" wrote:

> I have installed Windows XP Pro and when restarted got
> this error message:
> "The system process 'c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe'
> terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819. The
> system will now shutdown and restart".
> This always happened when I start up Windows XP Pro and
> when network cable connected to PC. When unplugged network
> cable, this error does not appear.
> Internet connectivity is through an Aztech ADSL Ethernet
> modem and can connect to the internet when running IE.
>
> Then I tried installing Service Pack 2, the error does not
> appear anymore. But then I lost my connectivity to the
> internet when running IE.
>
> Anyone can help.....

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 1:09:02 PM

uncheck it in safe mode, dbl click the time icon on task bar,, lower right of
screen

"Rho_1r" wrote:

> Isass ,,is the time check program, uncheck synchronize
>
> "gene" wrote:
>
> > I have installed Windows XP Pro and when restarted got
> > this error message:
> > "The system process 'c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe'
> > terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819. The
> > system will now shutdown and restart".
> > This always happened when I start up Windows XP Pro and
> > when network cable connected to PC. When unplugged network
> > cable, this error does not appear.
> > Internet connectivity is through an Aztech ADSL Ethernet
> > modem and can connect to the internet when running IE.
> >
> > Then I tried installing Service Pack 2, the error does not
> > appear anymore. But then I lost my connectivity to the
> > internet when running IE.
> >
> > Anyone can help.....

Anonymous
September 12, 2004 6:19:49 PM

Hi Gene,

This is the sasser worm, please see:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_125007.htm
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.a...

To stop the shutdown, click start/run, type "shutdown -a" (without the
quotes) and click ok.

Details on the patch needed to prevent it:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04...

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/