Best Gambling Scores

Last response: in Video Games
February 21, 2005 10:06:08 AM

For those who routinely gamble what has been your best score?

Tonight Anya gave up a Mara's Ammy, by far my best hit so far.

More about : gambling scores

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 1:43:51 PM

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> "MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote
>
> >For those who routinely gamble what has been your best score?
>
> I don't gamble that much, but I did get a SOJ earlier today

$47k pot in Tunica.

Mickey
February 21, 2005 4:25:26 PM

MIS wrote:
> For those who routinely gamble what has been your best score?
>
> Tonight Anya gave up a Mara's Ammy, by far my best hit so far.

I got an soj, but I am playing chaos empire
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 5:54:52 PM

> I don't gamble that much, but I did get a SOJ earlier today

I got one a few days ago, it's always a pleasant surprise when you get
something exceptional. The other day I found a Jah on the throne room floor,
a couple days earlier another guy snapped up Vex there I wasn't quick enough
to get:-)
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 9:31:12 PM

On 21-Feb-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

> I got an soj, but I am playing chaos empire

But, did you get an Empyrean Band yet? Heh, plus 10 to all attributes -
pretty sweet eh?
--
Don't Panic!
Anonymous

> But, did you get an Empyrean Band yet? Heh, plus 10 to all attributes -
> pretty sweet eh?

What's that?
Sounds like a helm for assassin or amazon.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 11:53:41 AM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote

>jerk-o wrote:
>> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
>> "MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote
>>
>> >For those who routinely gamble what has been your best score?
>>
>> I don't gamble that much, but I did get a SOJ earlier today
>
>$47k pot in Tunica.

You won that, right?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

On that special day, ArtDent, (par@noyd.invalidname) said...

> > I got an soj, but I am playing chaos empire
>
> But, did you get an Empyrean Band yet? Heh, plus 10 to all attributes -
> pretty sweet eh?

The Saracen's Chance that I gambled once when my necro was naked (he had
just been killed by a boss group of thorn beasts), does add that amount.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:04:06 AM

jerk-o wrote:
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote
>

> >jerk-o wrote:
> >> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
> >> "MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote

> >> I don't gamble that much, but I did get a SOJ earlier today
> >
> >$47k pot in Tunica.
>
> You won that, right?

Yes, I most certainly did. I also got the winner's share (25%) of the
bad beat jackpot, which was about $59k at the time. I had a straight
flush and beat someone with 4 of a kind (he got 50%).

Mickey
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 8:04:45 AM

Stephen van Ham wrote:
> My my, doesn't jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> look good in that
trenchcoat:

> >>$47k pot in Tunica.
>
> >You won that, right?
>
> That's a very expensive pot. I wonder if it's lined with gold.

No, but it did have a lot of black and purple chips in it :)

Mickey
Anonymous
February 23, 2005 10:25:17 AM

My my, doesn't jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> look good in that trenchcoat:

>>$47k pot in Tunica.

>You won that, right?

That's a very expensive pot. I wonder if it's lined with gold.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:27:15 PM

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:51:33 GMT, "MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote:

>> But, did you get an Empyrean Band yet? Heh, plus 10 to all attributes -
>> pretty sweet eh?
>
>What's that?
>Sounds like a helm for assassin or amazon.

Ring, IIRC. It's another Diablo 1 hold-over.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
March 4, 2005 5:31:53 AM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:51:33 GMT, "MIS" <nospam@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>> But, did you get an Empyrean Band yet? Heh, plus 10 to all
>>> attributes - pretty sweet eh?
>>
>>What's that?
>>Sounds like a helm for assassin or amazon.
>
> Ring, IIRC. It's another Diablo 1 hold-over.
>
> ald

Hey there. Where have you been?

Diane
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 8:39:01 PM

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:31:53 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>Hey there. Where have you been?
>
>Diane

New house, haven't even managed to get my computers there yet, not to
mention getting my Internet connection set up (the roommates are *so*
primitive, they're still putting up with dial-up). I'll be back on a
regular basis shortly, in the meantime it's just drive-by postings
when I get to use my father's computer.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 8:47:56 PM

ald wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:31:53 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Hey there. Where have you been?
>>
>>Diane
>

> New house, haven't even managed to get my computers there yet, not to
> mention getting my Internet connection set up (the roommates are *so*
> primitive, they're still putting up with dial-up). I'll be back on a
> regular basis shortly, in the meantime it's just drive-by postings
> when I get to use my father's computer.
><snip>
I was wondering if you had decided to stay away from us or something!
LOL Good luck with the move and hurry back!
March 7, 2005 3:21:43 AM

ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in
news:p f1n211b2hqv04bd76hccc5gv90njtp4pp@4ax.com:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:31:53 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Hey there. Where have you been?
>>
>>Diane
>
> New house, haven't even managed to get my computers there yet, not to
> mention getting my Internet connection set up (the roommates are *so*
> primitive, they're still putting up with dial-up). I'll be back on a
> regular basis shortly, in the meantime it's just drive-by postings
> when I get to use my father's computer.
>
> ald

OMGosh. I had no idea. I guess I missed that memo or you left me off
the distribution list, lol. So that explains it. I was beginning to
think I was killfiled, hahahahahaha. I'll be in your situation shortly.
I'm moving to the west coast next Sunday, therefore I'll be away from
the computer from Thurs through the following Wed or Thurs depending
upon when I receive it from UPS and when I can get it set up and
running. I already ordered my DSL and it will be ready for installation
on Monday, so looks like my DSL will arrive before my computer which
works out fine. I know the installation kit already arrived per family
members calling to ask me what the hey I was having delivered already,
lol.

Good luck with the move, and we'll see more of your postings when you're
settled. Thanks for posting.

Diane
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 7:37:34 AM

ald wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:31:53 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Hey there. Where have you been?
> >
> >Diane
>
> New house, haven't even managed to get my computers there yet, not to
> mention getting my Internet connection set up (the roommates are *so*
> primitive, they're still putting up with dial-up). I'll be back on a
> regular basis shortly, in the meantime it's just drive-by postings
> when I get to use my father's computer.

There may be a fate WORSE than moving, but I haven't yet found it :)

Mickey
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 1:14:21 AM

Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> ald wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 02:31:53 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey there. Where have you been?
>>>
>>> Diane
>>
>> New house, haven't even managed to get my computers there yet, not to
>> mention getting my Internet connection set up (the roommates are *so*
>> primitive, they're still putting up with dial-up). I'll be back on a
>> regular basis shortly, in the meantime it's just drive-by postings
>> when I get to use my father's computer.
>>

> There may be a fate WORSE than moving, but I haven't yet found it :)

28.8k Dial-up? <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:03:38 PM

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw&gt;
"EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote

>Mickey <mickeyb@comcast.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
>> ald wrote:

>>> New house, haven't even managed to get my computers there yet, not to
>>> mention getting my Internet connection set up (the roommates are *so*
>>> primitive, they're still putting up with dial-up). I'll be back on a
>>> regular basis shortly, in the meantime it's just drive-by postings
>>> when I get to use my father's computer.
>>>

>> There may be a fate WORSE than moving, but I haven't yet found it :)
>>

>28.8k Dial-up? <g>

1200 baud? <evil grin>
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
-My Diablo 2 Mod
-My theme song
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 1:01:39 AM

Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:

> Yipes, gotta have DSL or don't bother to be online, sheesh!!!

Better dial-up than nothing; I had a 44k dial-up for six long years. <g>

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
March 9, 2005 5:20:50 AM

"EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:396lkmF5ra0t6U1
@individual.net:

> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
>>
>> Yipes, gotta have DSL or don't bother to be online, sheesh!!!
>>

> Better dial-up than nothing; I had a 44k dial-up for six long years. <g>

My stars!!! You could fry an egg in the time it takes to load a page, huh?
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 1:56:29 PM

Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:396lkmF5ra0t6U1
> @individual.net:
>
>> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
>>>
>>> Yipes, gotta have DSL or don't bother to be online, sheesh!!!
>>>

>> Better dial-up than nothing; I had a 44k dial-up for six long years.
>> <g>
>>

> My stars!!! You could fry an egg in the time it takes to load a
> page, huh?

Especially if it was a f!#%&*! Flash-animated or Flash-navigated one!

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
March 9, 2005 7:08:00 PM

"EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:39831dF5rtqc9U1
@individual.net:

> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
>> "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:396lkmF5ra0t6U1
>> @individual.net:
>>
>>> Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of
spoo:

>>> Better dial-up than nothing; I had a 44k dial-up for six long years.
>>> <g>
>>>

>> My stars!!! You could fry an egg in the time it takes to load a
>> page, huh?
>
> Especially if it was a f!#%&*! Flash-animated or Flash-navigated one!

Been there, done that. Time for an upgrade.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:57:00 PM

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 17:47:56 -0500, sidekick
<sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

>I was wondering if you had decided to stay away from us or something!
>LOL Good luck with the move and hurry back!

Nah, I'm forced to take breaks occasionally, but I'll never actually
leave for good ;-) Thanks, and I will.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 5:57:55 PM

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 00:21:43 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
wrote:

>OMGosh. I had no idea. I guess I missed that memo or you left me off
>the distribution list, lol. So that explains it. I was beginning to
>think I was killfiled, hahahahahaha.

Let's just say that y'all had about as much warning as I did. The
landlord managed to show up on my day off, so he actually found me
there, and told me I had to be out that day. Somehow we managed to get
everything onto my tow truck, moved it to my parents' house, and I got
another room the next day.

>I'll be in your situation shortly.
>I'm moving to the west coast next Sunday, therefore I'll be away from
>the computer from Thurs through the following Wed or Thurs depending
>upon when I receive it from UPS and when I can get it set up and
>running. I already ordered my DSL and it will be ready for installation
>on Monday, so looks like my DSL will arrive before my computer which
>works out fine. I know the installation kit already arrived per family
>members calling to ask me what the hey I was having delivered already,
>lol.

Meaning, if my time sense is correct, that you're gone now. Oh, well,
you'll see this reply when you get your computer back, anyway ;-)

>Good luck with the move, and we'll see more of your postings when you're
>settled. Thanks for posting.
>
>Diane

Thanks, and yes, you will :-) Good luck with your move, also.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 6:01:14 PM

On 7 Mar 2005 04:37:34 -0800, "Mickey" <mickeyb@comcast.net> wrote:

>There may be a fate WORSE than moving, but I haven't yet found it :)
>
>Mickey

Agreed. The worst part is that I'll have to move again at the end of
August, this place will do for the emergency situation that I was in
but there are problems that will make it uncomfortable for the six
months that I signed a lease for (although nowhere near as bad as the
slum with the crack-head roommate that I was in for ten months) but I
need a bigger place.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 6:10:13 PM

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:03:38 GMT, jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote:

>>> There may be a fate WORSE than moving, but I haven't yet found it :)
>>>

>>28.8k Dial-up? <g>
>
>1200 baud? <evil grin>

Don't laugh :-( The first computer I had (hand-me-down from my father)
had an external 2400 baud modem, which I immediately replaced with a
28.8k (fastest available at the time). The problem was, though, that
the UART chip was set at 1200 baud and yeah, you not only had time to
fry an egg but also to make a pot of coffee (on the *slow*-*ssed
machine that I'm currently back to using, 20-30 minutes to make a pot)
and drink the first cup before a page came up, and I'm not talking
anything fancy, just plain text.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:30:36 PM

Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in news:39831dF5rtqc9U1
> @individual.net:
>>
>> Especially if it was a f!#%&*! Flash-animated or Flash-navigated one!
>>

> Been there, done that. Time for an upgrade.

The sad thing is, my home town wasn't even enabled for broadband until
December 2003. LOL

!