missing devices

September 12, 2004 1:51:02 PM

in device manager the system board, system speaker, system timer, direct
memory access controller, mother board resources properties, numeric data
processor properties, and programmable interrupt controller all say " no
drivers are installed for this device" and the box below all say " use this
device (enable)". do i need to install these things? i have been getting the
same error massage for a month now and cant find it listed anywhere and if
something needs fixed i would like to know. i found these device things when
i was looking for why i keep getting that error report

More about : missing devices

September 13, 2004 1:13:48 AM

"chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in device manager the system board, system speaker, system timer, direct
> memory access controller, mother board resources properties, numeric data
> processor properties, and programmable interrupt controller all say " no
> drivers are installed for this device" and the box below all say " use
> this
> device (enable)". do i need to install these things? i have been getting
> the
> same error massage for a month now and cant find it listed anywhere and if
> something needs fixed i would like to know. i found these device things
> when
> i was looking for why i keep getting that error report

"No drivers installed" for the components you mention is normal. There are
no explicit drivers to be installed for them.
What's the error you're getting?

george
September 13, 2004 1:13:49 AM

hp Office Jet COM Device Objects has encountered a problem and needs to
close.error signature AppName: hpobrt o7.exe ModName: unknown
exception information Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 record:
0x0000000000000000 address: dont know if i can be traced through this so im
not putting it. There are 58 modules . module 1 is hpobrt 07.exe, module 2 is
ntdll.dll, 3 is kernel32.dll is this enough info where can i go to find out
such things so i wont be a pain in the future. i have been looking.
"george" wrote:

> "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > in device manager the system board, system speaker, system timer, direct
> > memory access controller, mother board resources properties, numeric data
> > processor properties, and programmable interrupt controller all say " no
> > drivers are installed for this device" and the box below all say " use
> > this
> > device (enable)". do i need to install these things? i have been getting
> > the
> > same error massage for a month now and cant find it listed anywhere and if
> > something needs fixed i would like to know. i found these device things
> > when
> > i was looking for why i keep getting that error report
>

> "No drivers installed" for the components you mention is normal. There are
> no explicit drivers to be installed for them.
> What's the error you're getting?
>
> george

Related resources
September 13, 2004 3:56:56 AM

you could try to start here:
http://search.hp.com/query.html?col=alldocs&qs=&qc=&la=...
and see if the problems/solutions reported happen to apply to your situation
(hardware, software, os, service pack, configuration settings, etc.)
hth to get you started towards a solution
george

> hp Office Jet COM Device Objects has encountered a problem and needs to
> close.error signature AppName: hpobrt o7.exe ModName: unknown
> exception information Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000 record:
> 0x0000000000000000 address: dont know if i can be traced through this so
> im
> not putting it. There are 58 modules . module 1 is hpobrt 07.exe, module 2
> is
> ntdll.dll, 3 is kernel32.dll is this enough info where can i go to find
> out
> such things so i wont be a pain in the future. i have been looking.
> "george" wrote:
>

>> "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > in device manager the system board, system speaker, system timer,
>> > direct
>> > memory access controller, mother board resources properties, numeric
>> > data
>> > processor properties, and programmable interrupt controller all say "
>> > no
>> > drivers are installed for this device" and the box below all say " use
>> > this
>> > device (enable)". do i need to install these things? i have been
>> > getting
>> > the
>> > same error massage for a month now and cant find it listed anywhere and
>> > if
>> > something needs fixed i would like to know. i found these device things
>> > when
>> > i was looking for why i keep getting that error report
>>

>> "No drivers installed" for the components you mention is normal. There
>> are
>> no explicit drivers to be installed for them.
>> What's the error you're getting?
>>
>> george

September 13, 2004 3:56:57 AM

thank you for your help. one site i visited when looking for info said it was
spyware
i have anti virus and spy stuff . when i opened the security center it
showed my windows firewall to be on but the next screen showed it to be
turned off . do i have to do this with all 58 modules that were listed on the
error report? it may be a day or two before i can tell anything the report
doesnt pop up everyday

!