Sign in with
Your question

Crysis Problem

Last response: in Video Games
December 26, 2007 1:37:50 PM

Ok so i just got a new computer with a intel Q6700 processor, 4 gb of ram, and a 8800gt superclocked. The first day i gopt it i was able to run crysis on very high settings without noticing any lag AT ALL, but now im seeing alot on high settings and sometimes the game has problems running. I know for a fact theres nothin slowing down my computer because I havent gone on anythin that would have given me a virus, so i figured the card was just over heating, sooo i let the system sit for the night but in the morning the same problem arose, any suggestions

More about : crysis problem

December 26, 2007 2:01:42 PM

Quote:
Ok so i just got a new computer with a intel Q6700 processor, 4 gb of ram, and a 8800gt superclocked. The first day i gopt it i was able to run crysis on very high settings without noticing any lag AT ALL, but now im seeing alot on high settings and sometimes the game has problems running. I know for a fact theres nothin slowing down my computer because I havent gone on anythin that would have given me a virus, so i figured the card was just over heating, sooo i let the system sit for the night but in the morning the same problem arose, any suggestions
Could just be later levels having more activity and eye candy. What settings are you running on Very High? Are you in DX10? (I'm assuming you are unless you did the DX9 hack) Are you using the most up-to-date drivers? What do you mean by "Has problems running"? (Does it crash, BSOD, reboot, etc.)

Some suggestions:
Turn Shaders on Medium.
Turn AA on 4x or lower.
Download the latest drivers for your card (patch your OS as well if you haven't already done that)

Also, you have a fresh install of Vista you're going to exerience some lag during the first day or two. There is a disk indexing service that is indexing all the contents of your HDD's which would probably dent your performance a bit.
December 26, 2007 3:32:05 PM

sometimes when i click the icon the the screen isnt completely filled with bars of the windows background on the top and bottom (similar to the look of a widescreen movie) and then i see the EA symbol but another window pops up saying program is having a problem and needs to close. I suppose it could be vista because it was newly installed, but the day i turned it on i had everything on high and it worked great, but now im getting a lot of lag on high settings
Related resources
December 26, 2007 6:51:18 PM

Besides the difference in levels that rgeist mentioned there are a couple other things. For one it sounds like you're running in windowed mode, not full screen. Check full-screen in system settings for better performance. However based on what you're describing my guess is that Windows Update is what's causing your issues. Check services under Task Manager and you'll probably see auto downloader/installer running. The best way to deal with this is to turn off Auto Updates, check for updates manually and install any that you want/need. Want until all updates are down installing and restart before playing. Vista being so new has a lot of updates available and even if you just got it, it's probably the same as if you bought it at release and needs to be updated.
December 27, 2007 4:54:39 AM

have you done a defrag? might help
December 28, 2007 12:33:55 PM

the earlyer 88gt 's tem will heat to over 85C
!