Crysis patch in 2008

Milos

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Crysis patch in 2008? - 22nd December, 2007
The awaited patch for Crysis will be hitting further delays. The current estimated arrival is early January 2008. So we have something more to look forward to in the New Year.

Crytek has at least released notes about what we're to expect from the patch:

Fixes
1. Damage dealt to vehicles when shot by LAW has been made consistent
2. F12 (screenshot) now works in restricted mode as well
3. When player melees during gun raise animation, their gun will not be in a permanently raised position anymore
4. Memory leaks and potential crashes

Updates
1. Improved SLI/Crossfire support and performance
2. Improved overall rendering performance (DX9 and DX10)
3. Enabled VSync functionality in D3D10

Tweaks
1. Reduced grenade explosion radius in multiplayer
2. Clamped water tessellation to avoid cheating in MP
3. Reduced LAW splash damage vs. infantry in Power Struggle mode
4. Slowed Rocket projectile speed down in MP slightly

The word from Crytek:
If no major problems occur we expect to have it available for public download within January 2008.

purplerat

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
"With in Jan. '08" sounds like Crytek's escape clause to keep everybody waiting up until Jan. 30 then anounce "no patch until March". The way this thing has played out since the demo was released and patch announced it's beginning to look like Crytek is using the allure of a patch to bolster poor sales.

Alex The PC Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
Well, after completing the game a few times, I'm not sure if that patch will benefit me. Unless it becomes a miracle patch or if they included more levels or maps for multiplayer, i probably won't even bother downloading it.

trooper1947

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007

I agree ..... COD4 took over for me . Have'nt played crysis but once since I installed COD4 ! System hogging game that was released before it should have .